29" Discussion thread

Old November 5th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

Default 29" Discussion thread

tibluni wrote:
what you guys say is the best for distance, 29 or 36. I was thinking
36, but it seems like the 29er would have it's advantages (plane
flights...)

Given where you live... colorado under your name, I would ask
aspenmike. He seems to have logged about a million colorado miles.

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 6th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

At last I can enter into a discussion in RSU!
I feel so validated!
http://tinyurl.com/38x8f7
-(scroll down to the bottom where the pictures are)-

Gotta love the speed.

--
Into the blue

ok you primitive screwheads, listen up! you see this? this... is my
boomstick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oagr6ydjzdw
http://tinyurl.com/yrt9x7
http://www.hello-kitty.co.uk/?p=home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yau4lpzbqae
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

I have a Kenda Klaw XT and normally I ride on bicycle paths and sidewalk
for my commutes to work.

For 200 kilometers I ran tire presure at 35 psi
For 100 kilometers I ran tire presure at 50 psi.

The 50 psi has been great but still seams soft so I'm going to bump it
to 60psi.

My hope is I will have better luck idling and improved turning.
I notice no difference from tire presure when bunny hopping yet.

What tire presure are others running at ?

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

If you're riding on the road a lot, you should really try the Schwalbe
Big Apple. A slick tire will turn far better on the road than any
knobby tire.

The Kenda tire I have seemed squishy in all the wrong ways for a
unicycle. I think I used to run it at about 25-30 psi offroad, but it
never felt good on the road.

Lately I've been running a WTB Exiwolf at 25 psi. It rolls well on the
road for a knobby tire and still handles reasonably rough terrain. I
rolled it off of a 2 foot drop once and landed a bit sideways, and it
made a *thwap* kind of sound. So I think that's about the limit.

For reference, I weigh around 140 lbs.

--
phlegm
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
isaac steiner

Ive got a Kenda Klaw XT on my 29er...and its really nice for the road
too...But I dont know any better...Ive never tried a Big Apple...But I
really like my Kenda...

Isaac

--
isaac steiner
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

My commute to work this morning was in 3cm of snow.

This is where the Kenda Klaw tire really SHINES.

Snow plows where out too.

Snow did not stick to my tires.

Riding up hills and bridges where a bit of a challenge.

Going down hills, bridges and snow covered grassy hills equally fun.

Had my elbow pads and helmet on, light running jacket and sweat pants
on.

No UPD, no issues, lots of fun.

My 29" went thru this stuff no problems.

Thanks to my tire and new snafu pedals, riding was amazing.

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
isaac steiner

legtod2 wrote:
My commute to work this morning was in 3cm of snow.

This is where the Kenda Klaw tire really SHINES.

Snow plows where out too.

Snow did not stick to my tires.

Riding up hills and bridges where a bit of a challenge.

Going down hills, bridges and snow covered grassy hills equally fun.

Had my elbow pads and helmet on, light running jacket and sweat pants
on.

No UPD, no issues, lots of fun.

My 29" went thru this stuff no problems.

Thanks to my tire and new snafu pedals, riding was amazing.

THats cool....its just when they start putting the salt on the road
your frame could rust in spots where you have scratches and like you
hub and cranks....It happened to my little 16" uni.

--
isaac steiner
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

THats cool....its just when they start putting the salt on the road your
frame could rust in spots where you have scratches and like you hub and
cranks....It happened to my little 16" uni.

Any suggestions how to stop it before it happens.

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
qhxakg

Clean your uni after each ride.

--
qhxakg

If somebody tells you your tricks are gay, ask them if they are an
expert in gay trickery.
-Ivan-
~o"o~'Unicycle for The Flying Spaghetti Monster'
(http://www.venganza.org/)~o"o~
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 15th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
qhxakg

I had my first long 29er ride tonight probably around 6 miles around
town. I got it last night and got it all set up.
I am in love
i think this is about the perfect wheel size nimble and fun plus fast.
i finally know what the corker riders where talking about how turns
carry you through