More Colorado cry babies.........

Old September 4th 03, 01:53 AM
MTBScottie

Default More Colorado cry babies.........

From MB Action October 2003 edition.......A letter in the Trailgrams from Keith
Rossow from Durango Colorado

IF YOU DON'T LIVE HERE

I reside in Durango, Colorado, and our trails are starting to look like LA
freeways. I read Durango made your top ten places to live (MBA May 2003).
Great, just what we need! We can't "escape" the mobs of people here inundating
our trails. Sometimes I wonder if I should just sell my Intense Tracer and use
the money for a shrink. I had to write to you folks because my family thinks
I'm going crazy.

Kieth Rossow
Durango Colorado
Boo hoo! Unless that land is posted no tresspassing or no bikes allowed,
TOUGH! Those trails are for everyone to enjoy!

Old September 4th 03, 04:06 AM
ctg

"MTBScottie" wrote in message
From MB Action October 2003 edition.......A letter in the Trailgrams from

Keith
Rossow from Durango Colorado

IF YOU DON'T LIVE HERE

I reside in Durango, Colorado, and our trails are starting to look like LA
freeways. I read Durango made your top ten places to live (MBA May 2003).
Great, just what we need! We can't "escape" the mobs of people here

inundating
our trails. Sometimes I wonder if I should just sell my Intense Tracer

and use
the money for a shrink. I had to write to you folks because my family

thinks
I'm going crazy.

Kieth Rossow
Durango Colorado
Boo hoo! Unless that land is posted no tresspassing or no bikes allowed,
TOUGH! Those trails are for everyone to enjoy!

So there aren't any little-used trails near you that you'd like to keep that
way? Just because something isn't public doesn't always mean it should be
publicized. Especially for the readers of ridiculous magazines.

Chris

Old September 4th 03, 04:09 AM
ctg

"ctg" wrote in message

So there aren't any little-used trails near you that you'd like to keep

that
way? Just because something isn't public doesn't always mean it should be
publicized. Especially for the readers of ridiculous magazines.

Chris

That should say IS public.

Old September 4th 03, 01:45 PM
Craig Brossman

MTBScottie wrote:
From MB Action October 2003 edition.......A letter in the Trailgrams from Keith
Rossow from Durango Colorado

IF YOU DON'T LIVE HERE

I reside in Durango, Colorado, and our trails are starting to look like LA
freeways. I read Durango made your top ten places to live (MBA May 2003).
Great, just what we need! We can't "escape" the mobs of people here inundating
our trails. Sometimes I wonder if I should just sell my Intense Tracer and use
the money for a shrink. I had to write to you folks because my family thinks
I'm going crazy.

Kieth Rossow
Durango Colorado
Boo hoo! Unless that land is posted no tresspassing or no bikes allowed,
TOUGH! Those trails are for everyone to enjoy!

Whatever!
Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again),
guess I'll have to wipe away my own tears.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)

Old September 4th 03, 03:34 PM
MattB

"Craig Brossman" wrote in message
snip

Whatever!
Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again),
guess I'll have to wipe away my own tears.

I'm getting all choked up just reading that!

Matt

Old September 4th 03, 05:50 PM
JD

snip

Whatever!
Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again),
guess I'll have to wipe away my own tears.

I'm getting all choked up just reading that!

Matt

You two are too damn far from the interstate highway system. I think
I'll go ride something empty this morning too.

JD
Old September 4th 03, 05:53 PM
JD

"ctg" wrote in message ...
So there aren't any little-used trails near you that you'd like to keep that
way? Just because something is public doesn't always mean it should be
publicized. Especially for the readers of ridiculous magazines.

You must consider the source here Chris. This thread was started by a
reader of ridiculous magazines. Besides, sidewalks are far from
"little-used", so turdsmokerski will always have a crowd to contend
with when he's "mountain biking".

JD
Old September 4th 03, 06:19 PM
MTBScottie

Subject: More Colorado cry babies.........
From: "ctg"
Date: 9/3/2003 11:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time

"MTBScottie" wrote in message
From MB Action October 2003 edition.......A letter in the Trailgrams from

Keith
[...]

Unfortunatley, there are few areas to ride in NW PA to begin with, let alone
areas that are little known to others. Why hide them, people are going to find
them anyway?

As a matter of fact, there is a bike shop near me that has cut a total of 15
miles of single track at a local reservoir. I heard stories about this and
decided to call the shop. The owner was very reluctant to tell me anything
about it. The point is, sooner or later someone is going to find out about
them. If the shop owner wouldn't have given me such an attitude about it, I may
not have done this, but, after finding the trails on my own, I came home and
promptly posted them to MTBreview.com.

Old September 4th 03, 11:30 PM
Craig Brossman

snip

Whatever!
Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again),
guess I'll have to wipe away my own tears.

I'm getting all choked up just reading that!

Matt

You two are too damn far from the interstate highway system. I think
I'll go ride something empty this morning too.

JD

Well, I must admit, I did see 7 others on todays short ride, but they
were all in the first 1/2 a mile. 2 groups of 2, 3 other singles. Many
more than usual, but this particular trailhead is in town.

I'm not sure what Mr. Rossow, the claimed original author and reported
"cry baby" is upset about, in over 40 miles of my last 3 rides (2 town
rides, one alpine) I crossed paths with 10 other riders, (and 7 of those
were today) during the busy Labor Day weekend.
I did a quick check for the Rossow name on Trails 2000 web site (our
local trail group), he or his family is not listed. It may be that he is
still a member, I can't be sure, but if not, well you make the call.

It is all relative, but for my money, the trails here in Durango are in
great shape, close, abundant, and uncrowded almost all the time. You
want crowded, try the front range.