Cyclist that crashed into ambulance says it should not have beenthere.

Old May 22nd 17, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclist that crashed into ambulance says it should not have beenthere.

On 22/05/2017 12:07, TMS320 wrote:

On 22/05/17 11:50, JNugent wrote:
On 22/05/2017 08:11, TMS320 wrote:
On 20/05/17 18:32, JNugent wrote:
On 20/05/2017 17:46, TMS320 wrote:
On 17/05/17 20:49, JNugent wrote:
On 17/05/2017 20:11, TMS320 wrote:
On 17/05/17 19:30, MrCheerful wrote:

Maybe, but if you watch where you are going you can avoid
something obvious like an ambulance.

If the driver of a particular Range Rover had been watching
where he was going he would not have crashed into the back of a
bus. Why do you demand different standards?

Did Mr C applaud the driving of he Range Rover's driver?

Stop twisting. The key thing is that Mr C did not criticise the
driver but made an excuse about cars being safe in a crash.

I am not "twisting".
You vainly tried to twist Mr C's words to make it look either as
though he had something which was not true or that he had failed to
say something he had a duty to say. You were wrong on both counts.

Mr C did not have to reply to the thread. But he did.

That applies to everyone, not just Mr C.

It applies to those tha treplied. An this includes you.

Being able to choose whether or not to reply applies to everyone
(certainly including me).

Neither you nor anyone else has a legitimate complaint at being replied
to in a public debate. Mr C is as entitled as anyone to respond if he
wishes to. If you don't want a comment replied to, make it in an email.

And rather than
acknowledge that the driver had done something wrong (always too happy
to criticise bicycle users) he decided to hang his hat on cars being
safer for the occupants in a crash. By joining in he did indeed fail to
say something he had a duty to say.

What did he have a duty to say (in your opinion)?

OK, we'll let that one go, since you obviously can't think of an answer.

And apparently, in a 20mph crash a bicycle gives much less
protection to the user than a Range Rover at 40mph.

And none to pedestrians hit on the footway?

What are you talking about?

It was a plain English question, clearly related to the statement
you had just made (but which you now seem not to be able to read)
and carrying straight on from it.
I would explain how it works, but I don't believe that you are
stupid enough to need the explanation.
If, however, I am wrong in that belief, and if you *are* stupid
enough to need that explanation, just say so, and I'll be happy to
oblige after all.

Stop rambling. You could have used fewer words to try and explain the
point you're attempting to make.

So you understood (or else dare not admit that you didn't).
I only used eight words and one punctuation mark.

I count 82 words.

So your secret identity is revealed at last: Diane Abbott!

Well, Diane, I wrote just eight words plus a question mark.

The other words were yours, and if you think they don't make sense, you
might not be the only one of that opinion.

Cyclist saves crashed driver Alycidon UK 3 August 10th 15 10:58 PM
difficult rescue of crashed cyclist Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 0 September 5th 11 02:37 PM
Bicycle Ambulance Tom Crispin UK 34 September 30th 07 11:16 AM
ambulance bicycles! Bleve Australia 2 October 27th 05 06:10 AM
Ambulance Chasers? Clive George UK 0 July 18th 05 03:51 PM