I've discovered the magic secret

Old August 29th 05, 12:37 PM
Arthur Clune

Default I've discovered the magic secret

I've discovered the magic secret to making cars give you loads and loads and
*loads* of room.

Take one 8 foot tall Budleia, attach it to a BoB YaK, then strap the taller
branches to the rear rack and finally squeeze onto the bike pushing the rest
of the branches up your back.

From behind, it must have looked like a tree was cycling the bike.

Then cycle two miles to the tip. Amazing how much space I got on the
road Mind it was probably just as well since I couldn't see behind
me very well at all, so maybe not a 100% practical solution to the
getting room problem.

The guys at the tip were most impressed.

The struggle of people against power is the struggle
of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

Old August 29th 05, 12:43 PM
Danny Colyer

Arthur Clune wrote:
From behind, it must have looked like a tree was cycling the bike.

*Please* tell us you got someone to take a photo!

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Old August 29th 05, 12:47 PM
Tony Raven

Arthur Clune wrote:
I've discovered the magic secret to making cars give you loads and loads and
*loads* of room.

Take one 8 foot tall Budleia, attach it to a BoB YaK, then strap the taller
branches to the rear rack and finally squeeze onto the bike pushing the rest
of the branches up your back.

With the added advantage of being surrounded by butterflies as you cycle.

--
Tony

Anon
Old August 29th 05, 02:43 PM
Arthur Clune

Tony Raven wrote:

: With the added advantage of being surrounded by butterflies as you cycle.

The smell was certainly a lot more pleasant than traffic fumes!

Old August 29th 05, 05:33 PM
MSeries

Arthur Clune wrote:
I've discovered the magic secret to making cars give you loads and loads and
*loads* of room.

Take one 8 foot tall Budleia, attach it to a BoB YaK, then strap the taller
branches to the rear rack and finally squeeze onto the bike pushing the rest
of the branches up your back.

From behind, it must have looked like a tree was cycling the bike.

Then cycle two miles to the tip. Amazing how much space I got on the
road Mind it was probably just as well since I couldn't see behind
me very well at all, so maybe not a 100% practical solution to the
getting room problem.

The guys at the tip were most impressed.

Caution - heavy plant crossing
Old August 29th 05, 05:45 PM
Tony Raven

MSeries wrote:
Arthur Clune wrote:

I've discovered the magic secret to making cars give you loads and
loads and
*loads* of room.

Take one 8 foot tall Budleia, attach it to a BoB YaK, then strap the
taller
branches to the rear rack and finally squeeze onto the bike pushing
the rest
of the branches up your back.

From behind, it must have looked like a tree was cycling the bike.

Then cycle two miles to the tip. Amazing how much space I got on the
road Mind it was probably just as well since I couldn't see behind
me very well at all, so maybe not a 100% practical solution to the
getting room problem.

The guys at the tip were most impressed.

Caution - heavy plant crossing

Maybe they thought it was President Bush on a bike ;-)

--
Tony

Anon
Old August 29th 05, 08:08 PM
Nick Kew

Danny Colyer wrote:
Arthur Clune wrote:

From behind, it must have looked like a tree was cycling the bike.

*Please* tell us you got someone to take a photo!

In 1992 I helped the parents move house. Including moving a very large
houseplant known affectionately as "the triffid". I think they still
have photos of a tree moving slowly along the Brighton seafront.

--
Nick Kew
Old August 29th 05, 08:55 PM
Carol Hague

Arthur Clune wrote:

I've discovered the magic secret to making cars give you loads and loads and
*loads* of room.

Take one 8 foot tall Budleia, attach it to a BoB YaK, then strap the taller
branches to the rear rack and finally squeeze onto the bike pushing the rest
of the branches up your back.

From behind, it must have looked like a tree was cycling the bike.

giggle

Rob found that a three foot wide angle iron fish tank stand strapped
across the rear rack works fairly well in this regard, especially if
you're wanting to do gravity training :-)

--
Carol
"How fleeting are all human passions when compared to the massive

Coda Magic bottom brackets James Thomson Techniques 3 December 1st 04 10:13 PM
W doesn't check secret service at the door, like LA with mom. crit pro Racing 0 November 21st 04 06:18 PM
A secret society? wentz Unicycling 8 May 19th 04 05:43 PM
Bike Holiday in Cambridge and London - Conclusion, No Magic Mantras Elisa Francesca Roselli General 2 April 21st 04 08:31 AM
Bike Holiday in Cambridge and London - Conclusion, No Magic Mantras Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 26 April 20th 04 05:45 PM