2005 end of year statistics

Old January 2nd 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default 2005 end of year statistics

"what does THIS button do?" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
3720 total bike miles.
205 car-free days
145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.

.max

My 2005 total was 16,724, which is the least I've had in a year since 1995,
mainly becasue I lost 26 days in July and August, due to surgery. Other
than that, I got in at least some riding every day. My best 24 hour total
was 301, at the National 24 Hour Challenge on June 18-19 in Michigan. My
total since I started keeping daily records on March 1, 1993 is 230,349
miles.

Most of my miles were of course at home in WI, but in large part from my
April/May trip, I had some mileage in 14 other states and DC as follows:

GA 585
SC 584
MI 525
VA 314
IN 287
NC 256
AL 148
TN 136
MD 103
KY 100
IL 68
MN 56
DE 23
PA 22
DC 10

I had 11 flat tires, and got wet on 11 days (about half of normal). Four
days had winds in excess of 30 mph, with peak gusts up to 60 on Nov 13,
which is the windiest day I've ever encountered on a bike. Six days had
below 0F temperatures, with a low of -4 on Dec. 7 and Dec. 19. My hottest
riding days were 94 on Aug 10 and 93 on July 10