Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS???

Old December 7th 10, 08:11 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Why does Tom Sherman keep changing subject headings?

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 6, 10:55 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
I can't provide any reassurances other than what I said in my brief
message
which you rejected. But I guess it is for the best. We are both too
prickly.
Best of luck in your battle against cancer.

Thanks, I guess. I will need more than luck though. You said it my

cancer not be as bad as I think. Understand that you received
brachytherapy and external beam radiation because your prostate cancer
was either organ contained or at the worst localized. Your chance
from either radical prostatectomy or radiation were extremely good.
My cancer is no longer organ contained or localized. It has
metastasized to bone and such cancer responds poorly to any current
known treatment and is considered incurable.

Doctors and books do not tell you everything you need to know.

I will give your offer some thought, but expect little to come of it.

If a doctor offers me no hope, what can a philosopher. Understand
however the moment emails take on a hostile tone and become
unproductive, I will abruptly terminate the exchange and again place
you on my block sender list. Fair enough?

Yes, understood. Send me an email so I can send you a reply.

This can be just a one time event. After all, I have gone through what you
are currently going through and you know me well enough by now to take what
I have to say with a filter.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 9th 10, 12:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

On Dec 6, 10:37*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Dec 6, 6:42 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

You can say that because you have no respect for the reader. Mr. Sherman
and
I do which is why we take pains with getting things right.

You can say that because you assume incorrectly. *Respect for the
reader has nothing to do with any of this. *I just don't type as well
as I used to and the remainder can be attributed to oversight.

It is not oversight, it is sloppiness. Didn't those Jesuits teach you
anything?
[...]

As you know, I've a lot more important things on my mind than typos.
I've seen you make typos and overlooked them as oversight. Yuo'd
think that you could extent me the same courtesy. Didn't mama teach
you anything?

Old December 9th 10, 01:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Dec 6, 6:42 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

You can say that because you have no respect for the reader. Mr. Sherman
and
I do which is why we take pains with getting things right.

You can say that because you assume incorrectly. Respect for the
reader has nothing to do with any of this. I just don't type as well
as I used to and the remainder can be attributed to oversight.

It is not oversight, it is sloppiness. Didn't those Jesuits teach you
anything?
[...]

As you know, I've a lot more important things on my mind than typos.

I've seen you make typos and overlooked them as oversight. Yuo'd
think that you could extent [extend] me the same courtesy. Didn't mama
teach
you anything?

My typos are few and far between. Yours aren't. Always use your spell check.
It will catch things that we are blind to. For instance, if you had used
your spell check it would have caught Yuo'd and changed it to You'd.

I don't think Google Groups has a spell check, but you can download a free
one that will work on any website.

Old December 9th 10, 01:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

On Dec 7, 2:11*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

You left out website information, clinical trial and statistical
data. I have been hard at work learning all that I possibly can to be
empowered in my battle.

I will give your offer some thought, but expect little to come of it.

If a doctor offers me no hope, what can a philosopher. *Understand
however the moment emails take on a hostile tone and become
unproductive, I will abruptly terminate the exchange and again place
you on my block sender list. *Fair enough?

Yes, understood. Send me an email so I can send you a reply.

OK.

This can be just a one time event. After all, I have gone through what you
are currently going through and you know me well enough by now to take what
I have to say with a filter.

Not exactly you haven't. Like I said before, your treatment protocol
would indicate that you had organ confined or localized prostate
cancer which is treatable. Higher risk stage 4 prostate cancer with
bone metastasis is a virtual death sentence with the patient in a
holding pattern. 60% of men diagnosed stage 4 are dead within 2
years. One of the treatments of choice is androgen deprivation
(hormone) therapy which causes most prostate cancer cells to undergo
genetically programmed cell death (commit suicide). but NEVER all of
them. Some prostate cancer cells are resistant or can adapt to
hormonal therapy and continue to survive. Androgen independent
prostate cancer cells are totally resistant to androgen deprivation
therapy. When cells resistant cells to hormonal therapy become the
dominant player, there remains little hope for survival.

Old December 9th 10, 01:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

The fact is that I hate it when I make mistakes, especially publicly.
I have even been know to correct typos after the fact in a subsequent
post to that they will not continue to be propagated throughout the
entire thread.

Like I previously indicated, my Firefox browser had a built in
spellchecker. It underlines typos with a dotted red line, but I don't
think it's infallible though. What I've noticed is that I have become
somewhat dyslexic and also drop the final letter sometimes when I
type. There are some words that I have developed typo muscle memory
and will type incorrectly every time. Regardless, communication is
more important than an occasional typo.

Old December 9th 10, 02:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

Agreed! We all make plenty of mistakes (except for Tom Sherman of course). I
usually see my mistakes after I have posted, but since this is Usenet I
never bother to make any corrections. The most amazing thing is that almost
everything is readable no matter how many mistakes are made.

Here is a program which I haven't used yet but I am thinking about it for
the Firefox browser. It is free and I think it would work on the Google
Groups website if you are using Firefox.

http://firefox.afterthedeadline.com/

About the typo muscle memory thing, I have never yet been able to type "the"
correctly, at least not the first time. It always comes out "teh". There are
dozens of simple connective words that I learned how to spell in 1st grade,
but that I can never type correctly. Very mysterious!

Old December 9th 10, 03:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 7, 2:11 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Yes, understood. Send me an email so I can send you a reply.

OK.

This can be just a one time event. After all, I have gone through what you
are currently going through and you know me well enough by now to take
what
I have to say with a filter.

Not exactly you haven't. Like I said before, your treatment protocol

would indicate that you had organ confined or localized prostate
cancer which is treatable.

Correct. But the fear of prostate cancer is universal for all aging men and
no one is ever sure of a cure even if it is treatable.

Higher risk stage 4 prostate cancer with

bone metastasis is a virtual death sentence with the patient in a
holding pattern.

That holding pattern can last for a very long time with no symptoms
whatsoever.

60% of men diagnosed stage 4 are dead within 2

years. One of the treatments of choice is androgen deprivation
(hormone) therapy which causes most prostate cancer cells to undergo
genetically programmed cell death (commit suicide). but NEVER all of
them. Some prostate cancer cells are resistant or can adapt to
hormonal therapy and continue to survive. Androgen independent
prostate cancer cells are totally resistant to androgen deprivation
therapy. When cells resistant cells to hormonal therapy become the
dominant player, there remains little hope for survival.

The anti-hormone shots are not a cure, but can be as good as a cure. They
are a treatment!

Too much reading up on a disease can be anti-therapeutic. Stay the hell away
from doctors who give you no hope.

Old December 10th 10, 12:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

On Dec 9, 8:48*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Dec 9, 7:09 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

My typos are few and far between. Yours aren't. Always use your spell
check.
It will catch things that we are blind to. For instance, if you had used
your spell check it would have caught Yuo'd and changed it to You'd.

I don't think Google Groups has a spell check, but you can download a free
one that will work on any website.
The fact is that I hate it when I make mistakes, especially publicly.

I have even been known to correct typos after the fact in a subsequent
post to that they will not continue to be propagated throughout the
entire thread.

Like I previously indicated, my Firefox browser has a built in

spellchecker. *It underlines typos with a dotted red line, but I don't
think it's infallible though. *What I've noticed is that I have become
somewhat dyslexic and also drop the final letter sometimes when I
type. *There are some words that I have developed typo muscle memory
and will type incorrectly every time. *Regardless, communication is
more important than an occasional typo.

Agreed! We all make plenty of mistakes (except for Tom Sherman of course).. I
usually see my mistakes after I have posted, but since this is Usenet I
never bother to make any corrections. The most amazing thing is that almost
everything is readable no matter how many mistakes are made.

AND ,one of the mistakes I made was to state that Firefox had a built
in spell checker when in fact it is my operating system that is doing
the spell checking for all text entered including text entry using
Google Groups. Of course ,words spelled correctly but incorrect in
context (stat for stat, form for from, etc. ) slip right on through
many a spell checker.

Here is a program which I haven't used yet but I am thinking about it for
the Firefox browser. It is free and I think it would work on the Google
Groups website if you are using Firefox.

http://firefox.afterthedeadline.com/

The firefox addon can be found here ... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/58947

It does look promising particularly since it apparently has a very
accurate grammar and context checker as well.

About the typo muscle memory thing, I have never yet been able to type "the"
correctly, at least not the first time. It always comes out "teh". There are
dozens of simple connective words that I learned how to spell in 1st grade,
but that I can never type correctly. Very mysterious!

I have a number of words that I can spell but not type correctly on
the first try, inverting letters dropping and adding letters, etc. I
find it very frustrating that somehow the signals sent from the brain
to the fingers get jumbled along the way. I had to go back and make
six corrections in the few sentences comprising this paragraph.

Jim

Old December 10th 10, 01:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

On Dec 9, 9:05*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Dec 7, 2:11 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Yes, understood. Send me an email so I can send you a reply.
OK.

This can be just a one time event. After all, I have gone through what you
are currently going through and you know me well enough by now to take
what
I have to say with a filter.
Not exactly you haven't. *Like I said before, your treatment protocol

would indicate that you had organ confined or localized prostate
cancer which is treatable.

Correct. But the fear of prostate cancer is universal for all aging men and
no one is ever sure of a cure even if it is treatable.

Absolutely, but early detection certainly improves ones chances
especially since prostate cancer is a 50/50 proposition at age 50 and
by age 70, 80% of men have prostate cancer in one stage or another..

Higher risk stage 4 prostate cancer with

bone metastasis is a virtual death sentence with the patient in a
holding pattern.

That holding pattern can last for a very long time with no symptoms
whatsoever.

I already have some thus far tolerable symptoms.

60% of men diagnosed stage 4 are dead within 2

years. *One of the treatments of choice is androgen deprivation
(hormone) therapy which causes most prostate cancer cells to undergo
genetically programmed cell death (commit suicide). but NEVER all of
them. *Some prostate cancer cells are resistant or can adapt to
hormonal therapy and continue to survive. *Androgen independent
prostate cancer cells are totally resistant to androgen deprivation
therapy. When cells resistant cells to hormonal therapy become the
dominant player, there remains little hope for survival.

The anti-hormone shots are not a cure, but can be as good as a cure. They
are a treatment!

Yes but of indeterminate length of success and know to fail resulting
in PSA resurgence and spread of the disease.

Too much reading up on a disease can be anti-therapeutic. Stay the hell away
from doctors who give you no hope.

Oh the doctors have given me some hope, but how I fear that things may
play out like things have for most in my state. Unfortunately,
secondary bone metastasis a systemic (body-wide disease), and both
hormone ablation and radiation therapy is unlikely to be curative. In
this advanced stage the disease is palliative, but is not generally
curative. With a limited life expectancy and a debilitated quality of
life as time passes, it is difficult to remain positive. Physically I
still feel OK, but what I have learned has left me discouraged,
depressed and emotionally shattered. My clock is ticking.

The first line of defense is androgen deprivation therapy (ADT).
Duration of response to ADT for patients with metastatic prostate
cancer is highly variable, and most patients eventually experience
disease progression ... hormone-refractory prostate cancer, for which
there is no curative therapy.

There is also a downside to ADT (undesirable side effects) which are
more serious than the acute onset male menopause with hot flashes,
abdominal fat deposit, emotional changes and loss of libido. More
serious side effects include the possibility of Type-II diabetes,
muscle atrophy, osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, elevated
cholesterol, loss of energy, memory impairment, cognitive decline and
excess serum cortisol. Some anti-aging experts call cortisol a "death
hormone" because of the multiple degenerative effects that it produces
including immune dysfunction, brain cell injury, and arterial wall
damage.

I've researched various holistic adjunct treatment including various
supplements that have proven their worth in clinical trials ...
inflammatory mediators, cancer cell growth inhibitors, apoptosis
(death) inducers, angiogenesis (growth of new tumor blood vessel
supply lines) inhibitors, and androgen (testosterone uptake)
inhibitors.

In addition to inflammatory mediators, cancer cell growth inhibitors
and apoptosis (death) inducers, I have added two additional
supplements to my arsenal ... angiogenesis (growth of new tumor blood
vessel supply lines) and androgen (testosterone uptake) inhibitors.

I thought we weren't going to have this discussion in a public forum
but rather in a private email. Arguably, this is considerably off
topic in all of the newsgroups cross-posted to.

Old December 10th 10, 02:22 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 9, 8:48 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
About the typo muscle memory thing, I have never yet been able to type
"the"
correctly, at least not the first time. It always comes out "teh". There
are
dozens of simple connective words that I learned how to spell in 1st
grade,
but that I can never type correctly. Very mysterious!

I have a number of words that I can spell but not type correctly on

the first try, inverting letters dropping and adding letters, etc. I
find it very frustrating that somehow the signals sent from the brain
to the fingers get jumbled along the way. I had to go back and make
six corrections in the few sentences comprising this paragraph.

I think all of the above is normal for most folks. What I wonder is whether
Tom Sherman ever has these difficulties. His posts are invariably letter
perfect, even when they are overly complicated in sentence structure. He
could easily be an editor for any publication in the country. I could too,
but it would be hard work for me.