Spanner cum tyre lever

Old November 3rd 06, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Spanner cum tyre lever

Hi,
Anyone know of a tool with a 15mm spanner at one end and a tyre
lever at the other? Like the Surly Jethro-Tule but a tyre lever instead
of the bottle opener (maybe it can be modified?).

A half-decent adjustable end would work instead, though it wouldn't be
as elegant. Again, may it's possible to make a tyre lever out of the
wrong end of a Bahco... or a 15mm combination spanner...?

I'm thinking this is a minimal toolkit for a fixie with a Q/R front
wheel...

Cheers,
W.

Old November 3rd 06, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter

wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm thinking this is a minimal toolkit for a fixie with a Q/R front
wheel...

ooh, ooh, i want one too!
peter

Old November 3rd 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Robin

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
Anyone know of a tool with a 15mm spanner at one end and a tyre
lever at the other? Like the Surly Jethro-Tule but a tyre lever instead
of the bottle opener (maybe it can be modified?).

A half-decent adjustable end would work instead, though it wouldn't be
as elegant. Again, may it's possible to make a tyre lever out of the
wrong end of a Bahco... or a 15mm combination spanner...?

I'm thinking this is a minimal toolkit for a fixie with a Q/R front
wheel...

fubar !
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Stanl...99,__19102839/

Old November 3rd 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Anyone know of a tool with a 15mm spanner at one end and a tyre
lever at the other?

I got one of them!
It's ver' ver' old tho'.
It was probably made when fixies were popular [}]

Anyway, it's staying in my odds & ends tool draw...

.... I'm running sprint rims on my fixie!

Old November 4th 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article .com
wrote:
Hi,
Anyone know of a tool with a 15mm spanner at one end and a tyre
lever at the other? Like the Surly Jethro-Tule but a tyre lever instead
of the bottle opener (maybe it can be modified?).

A half-decent adjustable end would work instead, though it wouldn't be
as elegant. Again, may it's possible to make a tyre lever out of the
wrong end of a Bahco... or a 15mm combination spanner...?

Just cut a ring spanner to length and grind/forge the end into a tyre
lever sort of shape - you'd probably want some sort of padding for the
handle to make it usable, but I guess gloves would do the job.

VAR tyre lever Tim Hall UK 6 May 16th 06 11:25 PM
what size cone spanner/s flyingdutch Australia 14 January 5th 06 05:00 AM
what size cone spanner/s flyingdutch Australia 0 January 5th 06 12:20 AM
WTB: VAR 302 lock ring spanner mike anderson Marketplace 0 September 7th 05 04:40 PM
Multitool wanted - Socket/spanner type Random UK 9 May 16th 05 01:47 PM