Sticky Hoods

Old October 18th 03, 12:28 PM
DaveH

Default Sticky Hoods

Hi!

I have Shimano 105 break levers. The hoods are less than 5 years old.
They are getting sticky. it's probably the temperatures over here in
Oman.

Is there any way to solve this? Or can you buy new rubbers?

Thanks.

Dave
Old October 18th 03, 06:27 PM
Eric St. Mary

Daveh wrote:
Hi!
I have Shimano 105 break levers. The hoods are less than 5 years
old. They are getting sticky. it's probably the temperatures over
here in Oman.
Is there any way to solve this? Or can you buy new rubbers?
Thanks.
Dave

I don't know how to "solve" sticky hoods.

But, replacement are available for around $10-20.

Eric

Old October 18th 03, 11:35 PM
Gary Jacobson

Talc powder?

Armor All?

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old October 19th 03, 09:36 AM
Zog The Undeniable

DaveH wrote:
Hi!

I have Shimano 105 break levers. The hoods are less than 5 years old.
They are getting sticky. it's probably the temperatures over here in
Oman.

Is there any way to solve this? Or can you buy new rubbers?

If you can't find them in the US, Parker International in the UK do them
for about 6UKP. Bought some black ones this week because I was fed up
of cleaning the white ones all the time.