Embarrasing bike pants question

Old March 28th 05, 04:55 PM
Ben Kaufman

On 27 Mar 2005 12:46:47 -0800, wrote:

Fortunately I have the opposite problem. I'm walking around like I have
a zucchini in my pants. I don't see this only other bikers. How do they
hide it?

Same way a woman with a double D cup hides hers.

Ben
Old March 28th 05, 05:00 PM
Ben Kaufman

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:00:16 -0800, Zoot Katz wrote:

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:38:40 GMT,
, Neil Brooks
wrote:

More specifically: original front man of Van Halen. Son of a
prominent Beverly Hills ophthalmologist. Known for a raucous (in a
good way) voice and tremendous on-stage feats of athleticism.

Now he's an irrelevant fat bald old guy.

Last I heard he was taking paramedic training in Rockland County, NY.

Ben
Old March 28th 05, 05:18 PM
bbaka

Jake D wrote:
I saw a guy in light blue bike pants in the mall recently who could have
been arrested for indecency. The keyword definitely is black. Another
garment where black is important is in wrestling singlets. I have
noticed that if school colors are light and might be offensive, most
singlets incorporate black in the design. The black portion usually
runs at an angle through the crotch, offset just enough to cover the
entire bulge. Unfortunately, whoever bought the silver singlets for our
team wasn't aware of this trick. Gross!

And people wonder why I tough it out in jeans. I get hit by my wife for
wearing a too tight top sometimes so....back to my non imitation pro
riding. This all kind of reminds me of going to the beach and finding
the fat old people in the skimpy bikinis or speedos...yuck.
Bill Baka
Old March 28th 05, 07:20 PM
Veloise

Ron wrote:
DLR was the singer for Van Halen, you know the rock band from the

80s, when
spandex was part of the uniform and hard rock acts would strive to

project,
ahem, a powerful, as it were, image. You know, put forward a, uh,

virile, er,
presence on stage, Yeah, that's it project a powerful presence on

stage. And
yes, socks and codpieces are as much a part of stagewear as are wigs.

AHA! That's how my shriveled little brain cells put him in the category
of "Rock Star." (I used to watch "One Day at a Time.")

Back on wifi, found this link which leads to a photo:
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/roth_d...lipbooks.jhtml (Is that a
microphone in your pocket?)

And this elicidating text: "In the eyes of countless hard rock fans,
David Lee Roth is the prototypical frontman. With a flamboyant,
larger-than-life stage presence and a party hearty/surfer dude persona
(not to mention his acrobatic leaps, long mane of blond hair, and
skintight spandex outfits)..."

So OP is griping about bike shorts giving him a blond moment? Or the
biker dude persona?

--Karen M.
favorite musical performer: whoever's on stage with me (and we ain't in
spamdex)

Old March 28th 05, 08:49 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:15:02 -0500, "David L. Johnson"
wrote in message
:

we still don't know who David Lee Roth is.

A member of Van Halen, a popular beat combo.

Note that this reference will mean little to those outside the UK...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old March 28th 05, 09:17 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:46:14 -0800, "Claire Petersky"
wrote in message
:

Nothing like a good laugh before a ride! Gets the rib cage opened up
for the first ascent.

Who needs it? I have a bike which allows me to keep the rib cage open
all the time...

Old March 28th 05, 09:37 PM
Zoot Katz

28 Mar 2005 10:20:11 -0800,
. com,
"Veloise" wrote:

Back on wifi, found this link which leads to a photo:
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/roth_d...lipbooks.jhtml (Is that a
microphone in your pocket?)

And this elicidating text: "In the eyes of countless hard rock fans,
David Lee Roth is the prototypical frontman. With a flamboyant,
larger-than-life stage presence and a party hearty/surfer dude persona
(not to mention his acrobatic leaps, long mane of blond hair, and
skintight spandex outfits)..."

Strictly for its educational value, I googled, "biggest cock in rock".
It seems to be unanimous among those who would supposedly know such
things that Iggy Pop currently bears the stigma.
--
zk
Old March 28th 05, 09:56 PM
Blair P. Houghton

Do I need a jock or cup under bicycle shorts. If I go naked I get the
David Lee Roth effect -- big time, pardon the pun. Even with a jock ...
Are the pants just too small then?

1. Get a longer jersey if you're overly modest.

2. Black pants show it less than, say, orange ones do.

3. It's not just you or your pants. Spandex will do
that; in fact, larger spandex pants will crease behind
the appendage, exposing it more.

4. If you wear a cup, you'll be ripping it out within
a mile.

5. Embrace your innate talents.

--Blair
"6. Be glad you can."
Old March 28th 05, 10:48 PM
jgfjgh

In Japan the ladies wear underwear under their swim suits!

Double yuck!