Can I buy just the front brake?

Old May 4th 06, 02:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Can I buy just the front brake?

I have a mountain bike frame that doesn't have a mount for disk brakes
on the rear but I can put one on the front. I'd love to put an XTR setup
on but can I buy just the front disk setup without having to pay for the
rear as well?

Friday
Old May 4th 06, 02:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Friday wrote:
I have a mountain bike frame that doesn't have a mount for disk brakes
on the rear but I can put one on the front. I'd love to put an XTR setup
on but can I buy just the front disk setup without having to pay for the
rear as well?

Yes, but you may find it quite expensive.

Old May 4th 06, 02:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Friday Wrote:
I have a mountain bike frame that doesn't have a mount for disk brakes
on the rear but I can put one on the front. I'd love to put an XTR
setup
on but can I buy just the front disk setup without having to pay for
the
rear as well?

Friday

Not sure if Huffy's and XTR mix.. but the answer is yes.... Google my
trollie, Google...

--
gplama

Old May 4th 06, 02:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve wrote:

Friday wrote:
I have a mountain bike frame that doesn't have a mount for disk brakes
on the rear but I can put one on the front. I'd love to put an XTR setup
on but can I buy just the front disk setup without having to pay for the
rear as well?

Yes, but you may find it quite expensive.

Alternatively you could buy both, and sell the rear on ebay.

Tam
Old May 4th 06, 04:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Friday wrote:
I have a mountain bike frame that doesn't have a mount for disk brakes
on the rear but I can put one on the front. I'd love to put an XTR setup
on but can I buy just the front disk setup without having to pay for the
rear as well?

The XTR disc brake lever has only available in the dual control model
for a couple of years (until the 2007 stuff hits the shelves.)

What you really want is Juicy 7
http://www.phantomcycles.com.au/prod...cat=100&page=1

Parbs
Old May 4th 06, 06:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle

You could probably get just the caliper and then the standard shimano
hydro brake lever to run it.

Unless you are trying to be a weight weinie a deore hydro will do the
job just as well.

--
Paulie-AU

Old May 4th 06, 07:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle

PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------
Friday Wrote:
I have a mountain bike frame that doesn't have a mount for disk brakes
on the rear but I can put one on the front. I'd love to put an XTR
setup
on but can I buy just the front disk setup without having to pay for
the
rear as well?

Friday

PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------

Disc brakes are for w*nkers - just ask Lotte.

I have front and rear discs *accompanied by furious wrist action*

--
monsterman

Old May 4th 06, 07:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle

monsterman wrote:

Disc brakes are for w*nkers - just ask Lotte.

Lotte will come around eventually

Parbs
Old May 4th 06, 08:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle

PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------
Parbs Wrote:
monsterman wrote:

Disc brakes are for w*nkers - just ask Lotte.

Lotte will come around eventually

Parbs

PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------

I think her view is that they are OK, as long as you have "earned"
them. So when I showed up for my 2nd ever ride in the bush with front
and rear discs and a mainly LX with XT derailleurs, she [possibly quite
accurately] identified me as a ******.

--
monsterman

Old May 4th 06, 08:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 4 May 2006 17:03:02 +1000
monsterman wrote:

I think her view is that they are OK, as long as you have "earned"
them. So when I showed up for my 2nd ever ride in the bush with front
and rear discs and a mainly LX with XT derailleurs, she [possibly quite
accurately] identified me as a ******.

Hmm.. ah well, it's a bent, so I have no cred to lose!

Zebee
- planning on a disk brake only because the damn V brakes are hell to
stop squealing.

Correct Braking Proceedure Saxman UK 83 October 29th 05 08:15 AM
Front brake + wet = Whoops! Euan Australia 2 August 9th 05 11:32 AM
Tyre Pressure Peter McCallum Australia 25 June 2nd 05 10:39 AM
Front brake shuddering! Bad wheels??? Pizza Man Mountain Biking 15 October 3rd 04 04:35 AM
Backwards front brake? Andrew Sweetman Techniques 3 March 23rd 04 01:07 AM