"Fujispree"?

Old September 2nd 04, 09:45 PM
Beverly

"the black rose" wrote in message
Beverly wrote:
"the black rose" wrote in message

--snip--
It's a Fuji. "Fujispree" is written on the downtube.

--snip--

Would it have been Fuji Espree? Do a search and you can find some of

them.

http://bessasandackerman.com/px/?album=fujimixte

No, that's not it -- this one has a drop handlebar and typical road bike
geometry. Thanks though; you found more than I did.

I don't know how cheap Fuji went, or how low quality this bike might be.
If all else fails, I guess I could use it as a learning experience on
how to overhaul a road bike. I may actually end up looking for parts on
Ebay or something. (Would you believe, I've never looked for anything
on Ebay?)

I've got _Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance_, would anybody know
if that's good enough to go on?

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

It might be this one. It has the dropped handle bars.

http://oldroads.com/pqdb_img.asp?p=f...spree&mak=Fuji

Old September 2nd 04, 10:03 PM
Badger_South

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:37:18 GMT, the black rose
wrote:

Beverly wrote:
[...]

Why not take it or a photo to your LBS where you got your new bike and ask
around at the shop? Tap into some of that knowledge, ya know!? ;-)

-B

Old September 2nd 04, 11:46 PM
the black rose

wrote:

Beverly wrote:

[...]

That's not a bad idea -- except I'm in upstate NY and she's in Ohio.
Mmm, she's got a digital camera, maybe we can arrange something. Thanks
for the idea.

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old September 2nd 04, 11:51 PM
the black rose

Beverly wrote:

[...]

That might be it, thanks. How did you find that? No wait, don't tell
me, I'll just get confused. I'm a reasonably intelligent woman, but I'm
also a search engine moron. ;-)

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old September 3rd 04, 02:03 AM
pam_in_sc

the black rose wrote:
A friend of mine offered me her old road bike for our youngest son, who
has outgrown his old bike but is growing SO fast right now (he's 13)
that we've been reluctant to buy a new one that'll only be good for a
year or two.

snip

Any feedback appreciated.

-km

When I first decided to get back into biking I fixed up my husband's
bike, which he says we bought 18 years ago. Downtube friction shifters,
12 speeds. I put on new tires and tubes myself and new brake pads.
Total cost maybe $60, but I don't remember accurately. The bike shop
said $35 for labor and $30 for parts to put on all new cables, so I
decided to pay them to do that. It had never been ridden a lot so I
just put a lot of WD 40 on the chain. It now rides beautifully.

I decided not to fix up my 30 year old Fuji Special Road Racer. I
figured that in addition to the above I would have to at least repack
bearings, and perhaps replace the deraileurs. And in this hilly country
I really wanted more than 10 speeds.

When I was in college I went to a fix it yourself bike shop and did
things like repack bearings. I grew up in a family where no one had any
handyman skills, and it was the first time I learned how to do
mechanical things myself. It was a wonderful experience. Any chance of
your son showing interest?

Pam

Old September 3rd 04, 06:33 PM
the black rose

pam_in_sc wrote:
When I was in college I went to a fix it yourself bike shop and did
things like repack bearings. I grew up in a family where no one had any
handyman skills, and it was the first time I learned how to do
mechanical things myself. It was a wonderful experience. Any chance of
your son showing interest?

My youngest actually might. He's the one that likes to take things
apart and put them back together. Sometimes when he takes broken things
apart and puts them back together, they work again.

Maybe I'll set him loose on it. Har. :-)

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie