GUNI innertube help needed asap

Old July 17th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
David_Stone

Default GUNI innertube help needed asap

Hi, guni enthusiasts. I got good news and bad news this morning when I
went to the car with a bottle of lube from Florian. The good news was
that the lube worked -- my guni can shift with ease now!

The bad news: My innertube exploded during the night or early morning
(it was in the hot car since yestereen).

I don't have a spare tube for the 29" guni, but the unicycle came with
a high performance innertube with a large valve (is that the Schroeder?
I always confuse the names).

I cannabalized the tube from my dysfunctional 29" Semcycle, but that
one has a skinny valve (is that the Presta?).

When I tried it, the skinny valve fit into the hole from the Schlumpf's
rim, but it has a lot of space around it. I have one of those nuts used
to tighten the valve so that it doesn't shift around, but it seems like
a bad idea to use this tire. What do you think?

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC

Check out my blog (or else):
http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

Old July 17th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mikepenton

Schroeder was the pianist who had to put up with Lucy in Peanuts...
Schraeder is the car-type valve (I had to look it up to confirm!)
Glad to hear it's OK!

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090

Old July 17th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
David_Stone

Well, at least I had the names (mostly) right, even if I evoked the name
of a Peanuts character.

I spoke with 1800 UNICYCLe. I think I spoke with Amy. She said that the
Presta will work in the Schraeder hole, especially if I buy an adapter.
I'd forgotten about that. In fact, I have one somewhere, but I'll get
another at the local bike shop. Meanwhile I'll order a few 700cc (or
29") tubes in both varieties since I need both.

Thanks for your help, gang!

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC

Check out my blog (or else):
http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

GUNI innertube help needed asap entropy Unicycling 0 July 17th 06 03:23 PM
people needed work money man UK 0 April 14th 06 12:26 PM
Problem with my new Schlumpf guni hub? David_Stone Unicycling 23 April 4th 06 08:06 PM
1st Century on a guni (long) David_Stone Unicycling 0 September 12th 05 07:27 AM
GUNI is here!!! David_Stone Unicycling 78 September 7th 05 10:24 PM