Personal trainer

Old May 19th 12, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

Default Personal trainer

On May 19, 7:00*am, Phil W Lee wrote:
considered Fri, 18 May 2012 13:54:41
-0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

On May 18, 12:45*am, thirty-six wrote:

Ha ah , I'd ran out. *The blighters had upped the price at Lidl to 99p
for the kippers so I got a few herrings in mustard instead of nearly
allkippers. *It's not worked, I'll have to go back to getting a dozen
cans of kippers again. *I had the herrings. *Good food can be
addictive, yet I'm not putting on weight. *In fact if anything my
weight is slowly creeping down despite me loading every meal with
butter (and usually spinach). *I really love drinking the walnut oil
and might follow that with a bit of fruit. *Had 125g of blueberries
today, georgeous. *Just had some chocolate and now on water. *Whisky
in a bit.

I still have two of these beauties for breakfast tomorrow morning and
after I cook them in the chiminera at 0700, we will be walking out at
Hanging Grimston followed by fish and pea in Market Weighton. Then it
is off for more Abbey beers at the Co-op there.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/kippers.jpg

I must get a regular supply of those babies from Whitby - can you
freeze them do you know, or must you store them still fresh?

You can freeze them, although they are better fresh.
But they keep well in the fridge

better known as the mould-box here.

for a couple of weeks (preservation
was the original reason for smoking them, of course, so it's no
surprise that they last well - just be sure they don't get stored in a
damp environment, or mould can be a problem).

So is storing uncovered veggies in the fridge why my cheese goes
mouldy, apart from it not being the highest grade and so gets left?

With bulk packs of kippers they are delivered on ice, West of the
Penines. Hmm, do fish shops still use much sawdust?
You can even get them by mail order, if you want to be sure of your
supply.

Yes, but does one then order 3kg of them because they end up as half
the price, assuming the mould-box isn't culturing?
Old May 19th 12, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

[...]

But they keep well in the fridge for a couple of weeks (preservation
was the original reason for smoking them, of course, so it's no
surprise that they last well - just be sure they don't get stored in a
damp environment, or mould can be a problem).
You can even get them by mail order, if you want to be sure of your
supply.

Cheers chaps - I have kept a couple in the garage fridge which house
my beers and will be eating the remaining two in about an hour after
the chiminera gets hot enough.
I won't bother with the mail order as we are going to the NY Moors
enough for me to be able to visit Whitby often enough to keep a stock
of them in the fridge.
All of the wet fish shops in the town sell the real deal and not the
sad imitation with colours and flavouring - you can definitely taste
the difference.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 19th 12, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On May 19, 7:40*am, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Still might be worthwhile asking what the lowest weight the bulk price
applies and finding out what time you can arrange to pick up from the
smokehouse shop and whether the fish is already boxed and packed on
ice.
Old May 19th 12, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"thirty-six" wrote in message

Cheers chaps - I have kept a couple in the garage fridge which house
my beers and will be eating the remaining two in about an hour after
the chiminera gets hot enough.
I won't bother with the mail order as we are going to the NY Moors
enough for me to be able to visit Whitby often enough to keep a stock
of them in the fridge.
All of the wet fish shops in the town sell the real deal and not the
sad imitation with colours and flavouring - you can definitely taste
the difference.

Still might be worthwhile asking what the lowest weight the bulk price
applies and finding out what time you can arrange to pick up from the
smokehouse shop and whether the fish is already boxed and packed on
ice.

Good idea, but I tend to eat more black pudding and eggs than kippers as
they can be cooked indoors and the last time we were at Whitby the shop had
around a dozen kipper pairs in the tray out in a corner. The vast majority
of seafood there were other more exotic stuff like red snapper and
swordfish, so there will be plenty enough kippers for me to buy.

No walking for the next six days as I am at work, so Mrs M will go out on
her own.

--
Simon Mason

Old May 19th 12, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On May 19, 7:33*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
"thirty-six" wrote in message

[...]

Been in a lot of pain today so had three raw eggs, a can of Guiness
and three ciders. It's mostly dulled while I'm sitting here but I
think that my previous daily dose of kippers was probably working as
an anti-inflammatory and analgesic.

Westons' ciders (including Old Rosie) at Lidl.

No walking for the next six days as I am at work, so Mrs M will go out on
her own.

Remind me to check the pamphlets for when i'm not so drowsy, Lidl or
Aldi have a Whichbuy recommended Champers for £12 and some competition
too. So, if you've ever bought a beer for £2.50 I think you should
give it a go.
Old May 20th 12, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"thirty-six" wrote in message

Good idea, but I tend to eat more black pudding and eggs than kippers as
they can be cooked indoors and the last time we were at Whitby the shop
had
around a dozen kipper pairs in the tray out in a corner. The vast
majority
of seafood there were other more exotic stuff like red snapper and
swordfish, so there will be plenty enough kippers for me to buy.

Been in a lot of pain today so had three raw eggs, a can of Guiness
and three ciders. It's mostly dulled while I'm sitting here but I
think that my previous daily dose of kippers was probably working as
an anti-inflammatory and analgesic.

Westons' ciders (including Old Rosie) at Lidl.

All of my home made ciders have either exploded or leapt out of the glass
when opened.

No walking for the next six days as I am at work, so Mrs M will go out on
her own.

Remind me to check the pamphlets for when i'm not so drowsy, Lidl or
Aldi have a Whichbuy recommended Champers for £12 and some competition
too. So, if you've ever bought a beer for £2.50 I think you should
give it a go.

We will be going on holiday a week on Saturday and so she will get a free
half bottle of Champers at Langan's brasserie on the Pride of Hull.
Black pudding for breakfast the next morning as well :-)

--
Simon Mason

Old May 20th 12, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On May 20, 8:58*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
"thirty-six" wrote in message

Good idea, but I tend to eat more black pudding and eggs than kippers as
they can be cooked indoors and the last time we were at Whitby the shop
had
around a dozen kipper pairs in the tray out in a corner. The vast
majority
of seafood there were other more exotic stuff like red snapper and
swordfish, so there will be plenty enough kippers for me to buy.

Been in a lot of pain today so had three raw eggs, a can of Guiness
and three ciders. * It's mostly dulled while I'm sitting here but I
think that my previous daily dose of kippers was probably working as
an anti-inflammatory and analgesic.

Westons' ciders (including Old Rosie) at Lidl.

All of my home made ciders have either exploded or leapt out of the glass
when opened.

Well get the dry ciders from Lidl, they have a good selection right
now at ra reasonable price.

No walking for the next six days as I am at work, so Mrs M will go out on
her own.

Remind me to check the pamphlets for when i'm not so drowsy, Lidl or
Aldi have a Whichbuy recommended Champers for 12 and some competition
too. *So, if you've ever bought a beer for 2.50 I think you should
give it a go.

Oop's, chucked out. Have a look at their website for the current
offers. IIRC they also have 75cl of pommaine for 99p. IME much of
this stuff is vastly superior to economy champagne. I had a bout of
confusion while I was there and forgot all about it.

We will be going on holiday a week on Saturday and so she will get a free
half bottle of Champers at Langan's brasserie on the Pride of Hull.

She'll be like a prune if she waits till then.

Black pudding for breakfast the next morning as well :-)

I think I prefer Aldi's black pudding to Bury Co'. because of the
herbal flavour. One slice works out well with a slice of pork belly,
a handful of spinach, plum tomatoes, spring onions, sweet pepper and a
big egg, all cooked in walnut oil and butter and finished with sea
salt. Had a bottle of Thwaites nutty Black to wash it down.

Rather than make a special journey to get some Yorkshire loose tea I
found Glengettie on offer a few weeks back, right tasty brown stuff,
it has African teas in it. I amassed a collection of bags and am now
assessing another brown tea, from Alidi this time, again on offer.
Seems similar to the Welsh blend and again responds well to stewing,
brewing or simple steeping. I get ****ed-off wth all these bits of
paper, but have a bit of fun setting fire to them in the end. You
know originally they only put the economy tea in paper envelopes
because it included the floor sweepings and the blenders didn't want
the customer to see the dust contained.

I'm wondering how you normally keep yourself supped-up while on
holiday. I think you ought to check out those European supermarkets
we have here and sample their beers. Perlenbacher Premium Pils (Lidl)
at 4.9% and 500ml is good for the price (I forgot) :-) There are
others and some are poor even at 5% so it's not an infallable rule (5%
or above is best). Perlenbacher is the first Pilsener in many years
that has satified me without it being over 5% abv. Going past the
litre is a good indication it IS a good beer. I'm just opening my
thiird bottler now and yes my fingers ar slipping. :-)
Old May 20th 12, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

We will be going on holiday a week on Saturday

What an utterly stupid thing to tell the public.

Old May 21st 12, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 20, 10:21*pm, thirty-six wrote:

I'm wondering how you normally keep yourself supped-up while on
holiday. *I think you ought to check out those European supermarkets
we have here and sample their beers. *Perlenbacher Premium Pils (Lidl)
at 4.9% and 500ml is good for the price (I forgot) *:-)

We do use Lidl a lot while we're away, but generally I stock up while
I am filling up the car with fuel.
Fuel filling stations have a really good selection of the local beers
- since our first stop is in Austria, we will probably be getting
loads of Zipfer lagers in for our stop in Salzburg.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 21st 12, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 21/05/2012 10:36, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 20, 10:21 pm, wrote:

I'm wondering how you normally keep yourself supped-up while on
holiday. I think you ought to check out those European supermarkets
we have here and sample their beers. Perlenbacher Premium Pils (Lidl)
at 4.9% and 500ml is good for the price (I forgot) :-)

We do use Lidl a lot while we're away,

"I wouldn't be seen dead in Lidl. Simon Mason."

University

Personal trainer Simon Mason UK 1 February 9th 12 10:13 PM
Personal trainer Simon Mason UK 314 February 3rd 12 05:23 PM
Personal trainer Simon Mason[_4_] UK 4 November 17th 11 10:09 AM
Personal trainer thirty-six UK 6 November 16th 11 05:25 PM
Personal trainer thirty-six UK 0 November 15th 11 12:16 PM