20110208 Update on Jobst

Old February 8th 11, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Brad Anders

Default 20110208 Update on Jobst

I have been indirectly receiving updates from Olaf, Jobst's son. My
intent here is to preserve Jobst's privacy while letting those on
Usenet who have interacted with him for 20+ years know how he's
doing.

Jobst is still in Stanford's Intermediate ICU. While his condition is
stable, Jobst has had a difficult time recovering from his accident.
His alertness and lucidity aren't where they should be, and the team
at Stanford and Jobst's family are working hard to address these
problems. He is also slowly making progress in recovering from his
physical injuries.

If you're a friend of Jobst's, have ridden with him in the past, and
are local to Stanford, please consider stopping by to say hello. Jobst
has received many visitors and Olaf says the visits have helped Jobst
immensely. I suggest you call Stanford first and check on if Jobst is
receiving visitors before you stop by. I also ask for some respect for
Jobst and his family, please keep the discussion on Jobst and his
accident civil.

thanks,

Brad Anders
Old February 8th 11, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Feb 8, 1:32*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the update. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.
Old February 8th 11, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Feb 8, 11:32*am, Brad Anders wrote:
[...]

What injuries did he sustain -- just in general I have not gotten a
handle on whether it is neurological, orthopedic or both. -- Jay
Beattie.
Old February 8th 11, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Brad Anders

Jay, he suffered a mid-shaft break of the femur. As for the
neurological injuries, the exact nature of them is still unclear.
Old February 8th 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
RicodJour

On Feb 8, 2:32*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the update, Brad. I hope he's back on board ASAP.

Old February 8th 11, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

know his room number ? I'll send an ERD CARD say 2x3'
That said, it is good to know his brain function in unchanged from
the last we spoke.
Old February 8th 11, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Jobst is o-l-d. His injury across the o-l-d spectrum is sometimes a
fatal o-l-d injury if not this week then next spring. You know, "John
Williket, PHD Emeritus Brown University aged 94 went for a walk,
slipped on the ice and died several hours later of subdural hemtoma"
When a age 27, not.
I figured when he didn't get back to us....
Old February 9th 11, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Feb 8, 12:32*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
[...]

Brad,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

In my limited experience with people in ICUs and
CCUs, there's sometimes a sort of hospital
disorientation effect. People can make significant
progress in recovering lucidity so that is to be hoped
for, esp. when they can move him out of the ICU.

Ben
Old February 9th 11, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Frederick the Great

In article
,
kolldata wrote:

[...]

This jackass is a write only poster.
Does not read for content.

--
Old Fritz
Old February 9th 11, 12:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Brad Anders

On Feb 8, 4:37*pm, kolldata wrote:
know his room number ? I'll send an ERD CARD say 2x3'
That said, * it is good to know his brain function in unchanged from
the last we spoke.

He's currently in Unit D – Room 332.

Jobst Phil H Techniques 83 July 13th 11 12:53 AM
Update on Jobst Brad Anders Racing 22 February 3rd 11 12:31 AM
When Jobst ... Steve Freides[_2_] Techniques 1 January 20th 11 09:28 PM
Jobst Brad Anders Racing 20 January 19th 11 05:31 PM
Jobst TriGuru55x11 Rides 1 January 19th 11 01:13 PM