Cyclists are not all little angels

Old May 17th 12, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_5_]

Default Cyclists are not all little angels

A reader's letter to the Leicester Mercury recently.
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ail/story.html

It was with interest that we have read the series of letters in the
Leicester Mercury over the past few weeks regarding cyclists.

However, you can imagine our surprise when we were travelling towards the
centre of Syston from the Leicester direction, carefully driving past cars
legally parked on the left side of the road, to be confronted by an
unhelmeted cyclist riding the wrong way down our side of the road between us
and the parked cars.

We expressed our surprise as the cyclist stuck up his middle finger at us
and went on to cycle up the road still on the wrong side.

Old May 17th 12, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Mr Benn" wrote in message
A reader's letter to the Leicester Mercury recently.
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ail/story.html

It was with interest that we have read the series of letters in the
Leicester Mercury over the past few weeks regarding cyclists.

However, you can imagine our surprise when we were travelling towards the
centre of Syston from the Leicester direction, carefully driving past cars
legally parked on the left side of the road, to be confronted by an
unhelmeted cyclist riding the wrong way down our side of the road between
us and the parked cars.

We expressed our surprise as the cyclist stuck up his middle finger at us
and went on to cycle up the road still on the wrong side.

They're all abusive once they realise you can't turn round and chase them.
Like internet trolls on wheels.

Old May 18th 12, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NorthWalesYorkie[_2_]

On May 17, 4:31*pm, "Mr Benn" wrote:
A reader's letter to the Leicester Mercury recently.http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ngels/story-16...

It was with interest that we have read the series of letters in the
Leicester Mercury over the past few weeks regarding cyclists.

However, you can imagine our surprise when we were travelling towards the
centre of Syston from the Leicester direction, carefully driving past cars
legally parked on the left side of the road, to be confronted by an
unhelmeted cyclist riding the wrong way down our side of the road between us
and the parked cars.

We expressed our surprise as the cyclist stuck up his middle finger at us
and went on to cycle up the road still on the wrong side.

The obvious solution is for the council to get rid of the parking
spaces and restore the street to two way traffic (via a bi-directional
cycle lane if necessary).
Old May 18th 12, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

NorthWalesYorkie wrote:
On May 17, 4:31 pm, "Mr Benn" wrote:
[...]

it is a two way road.

Old May 18th 12, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 18/05/2012 15:51, NorthWalesYorkie wrote:
On May 17, 4:31 pm, "Mr wrote:
A reader's letter to the Leicester Mercury recently.http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ngels/story-16...

It was with interest that we have read the series of letters in the
Leicester Mercury over the past few weeks regarding cyclists.

However, you can imagine our surprise when we were travelling towards the
centre of Syston from the Leicester direction, carefully driving past cars
legally parked on the left side of the road, to be confronted by an
unhelmeted cyclist riding the wrong way down our side of the road between us
and the parked cars.

We expressed our surprise as the cyclist stuck up his middle finger at us
and went on to cycle up the road still on the wrong side.

The obvious solution is for the council to get rid of the parking
spaces and restore the street to two way traffic (via a bi-directional
cycle lane if necessary).

Drivers pay Road Tax for things like parking bays. Cyclists contribute
**** all & shouldn't be given any privileges like bi-directional cycle
lanes. Sponging freeloaders.

University
Old May 18th 12, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 18, 3:51*pm, NorthWalesYorkie
wrote:

The obvious solution is for the council to get rid of the parking
spaces and restore the street to two way traffic (via a bi-directional
cycle lane if necessary).

I could not agree more - it looks like a stupid road layout.
--
Simon Mason
Old May 19th 12, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On May 17, 4:31 pm, "Mr wrote:
[...]

It's a TAX, not a bill for services rendered. It all goes into a big pot that pays for everything from nuclear warheads to the toilet paper that wipes Cameron's fat arse in the Commons bogs.
Old May 19th 12, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On May 17, 4:31 pm, "Mr wrote:
[...]

Drivers pay into that big pot as well. Then they pay an extra specific
tax to use a car on the road.

University
Old May 19th 12, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

On May 17, 4:31 pm, "Mr wrote:
[...]

and an extra tax for the insurance, and the fuel, not to mention the tax on
spares and repairs, and the licence, and the initial training and testing,
parking, tolls, it goes on and on.

Old May 19th 12, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On May 17, 4:31 pm, "Mr wrote:
[...]

 In 2008-09 motorists paid £30.2 billion in motoring taxes.
 In that year the cost of road building was £9.1 billion and the social
cost of greenhouse gas emissions from road transport was £3.2 billion.
 That implies motoring taxes were excessive by £17.9 billion.
 Even

University