Performance Bike still SUX

Old December 7th 03, 06:54 AM
SaintDan

Default Too Stupud and Whiny here

Hello everyone one, this is Dan the "Too Stupid and Whiny customer" of
Performance Bike - WHOOPS - former customer. I want to WHINE some more and
straighten out one thing - NO! Performance did not run out of stock once
but TWICE - While they were fumbling my order and losing it, they then could
not fill my second request to replace the first one that was lost. So I
think the really STUPUDITY is centered in Performance Bike.

As they say - "HAVE A NICE DAY"

Dan

"Michael Pearlman" wrote in message
m...
"SaintDan" dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom wrote in message

Hi,
Just a follow up to the back order problems I have had with an order

from
Performance Bicycle as copied below. I finally was able to convince
Performance that my shipment of the bike repair stand was missing in the
mail. I sent back the confirmation sheet they sent me and was expecting

them
to send the product to me that day. NO.... talk with Chris in Customer
service and he said that it is back again on BACK ORDER. I asked him

what
kind of company would let there suppliers screw up their business like

that.
He was quite silent for a while and I figured he was "Clueless" like

many
other companies that don't put their supplier's or vendor's feet to the
fire. Well, I asked for my money back and said I will never deal with
Performance Bike company again - MORE silence on the phone

line..........

Pretty disappointing how lousy customer service is in this country of

ours.
Then it seems when a company does run into financial problems, they

blame
the Japanese, the economy, there competition and even the weather -
Hello... look in the mirror :-)

Well, maybe someone else has had a better experience with Performance

Bike -
luck you.

Dan

My original posting........

Hello,
I don't want to bitch too much but has anyone else had problems with
Performance Bicycle catalog orders. I ordered from them in mid October

and
one item was "out of stock" at the time. Said that it would be back in

stock
and then ship in November. Three weeks later it was restocked and sent

to me
BUT then 2 1/2 weeks later I still don't have it. Well, my REAL

problems
started when I tried to talk with someone at Performance. I have been

put
off, had excuses and explanations told to me, was promised a call back

from
someone in management who never called. back and just generally treated

like
a BOOB for complaining. Are they having business problems? Order

problems,
vendor problems or ......Possibly heading toward putting up the "Out of
Business" sign?

Funny thing is, I just got some catalogs the other day from Bike Nashbar

and
Super Go Bike shop - are they any better to deal with?

Dan

Dear Dan, I know how you feel. Performance is a most unresponsive
bunch. They do not deserve your business. Take it elsewhere.

Old December 7th 03, 07:17 AM
Ryan Cousineau

Default Performance Bike still SUX

In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

In article ,
The Real Bev writes:

All bikes need periodic tinkering.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Still, I bought a used bike several years
ago and 10,000 miles later it's still going strong with no tinkering at
all except for tires and tubes. When I take the rear wheel off I have
to keep tweaking the axle until I finally get it to the position where
it shifts nicely, but that's it. My smallest rear sprocket is starting
to slip, but I figure that's par for the course since it gets the most
use.

You should see some of the puddles (lakes) Claire, Dane, Zoot, Bernie,
Ryan, Fabrizzio et al have to frequently ride thru in what Americans
call the Pacific NorthWest. Humid coastal climates are lubrication
killers. Not to mention wear & tear on brake pads and rims.

Heh. I'm currently testing my survival instinct with a set of silver
Kool-Stop pads on an old single-pivot brake up front. Too much stuff is
flexing, and the pads have no bite in the rain. Not recommended.

The drainage along the steep hill (Clarke Rd.) I ride up is marginal.
Even the roughly 5-10mm of water in the resulting stream down the road
is a notable drag on the bike.

So, out of curiosity, just how well-lubed /is/ your BB or headset?

What I don't know can't hurt me, right?

--
Ryan Cousineau,
http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
Old December 7th 03, 07:55 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"SaintDan" dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom writes:
Hello everyone one, this is Dan the "Too Stupid and Whiny customer" of
Performance Bike - WHOOPS - former customer. I want to WHINE some more and
straighten out one thing - NO! Performance did not run out of stock once
but TWICE - While they were fumbling my order and losing it, they then could
not fill my second request to replace the first one that was lost. So I
think the really STUPUDITY is centered in Performance Bike.

As they say - "HAVE A NICE DAY"

Seems to me you want revenge, by trying to get a bunch of Usenet
ppl on-side with you in your little war. Otherwise, why post
your gripes here instead of taking 'em where they count, eh?

Sometimes I get dis'd by commercial enterprises, too. My tactic
is to simply leave them to their devices, and take my custom
elsewhere without further ado. Then I find a place that gives
me the modicum of service I hope for, and the knowledge that the
"bad" place didn't get my money. It's all very calm, and not
blood pressure-raising. However, I do prefer to deal with
cash/goods on the barrelhead, rather than credit and hopes & dreams.

Hopes & dreams are too fragile. Any working-poor person knows that.

Ordering stuff online and credit cards ain't a patch on real deals.

cheers, & merry christmas,
Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old December 7th 03, 08:36 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Ryan Cousineau writes:

So, out of curiosity, just how well-lubed /is/ your BB or headset?

What I don't know can't hurt me, right?

Nah. As long as you can afford some kind of new bike.

I think front fenders help preserve (to an extent) headset bearings
for us rain riders.

cheers,
Tom

Old December 7th 03, 01:19 PM
TimH

"SaintDan" dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom wrote in message
Hello everyone one, this is Dan the "Too Stupid and Whiny customer" of
Performance Bike - WHOOPS - former customer. I want to WHINE some more

and
straighten out one thing - NO! Performance did not run out of stock once
but TWICE - While they were fumbling my order and losing it, they then

could
not fill my second request to replace the first one that was lost.

It's your kah-muh anjin-san

Old December 7th 03, 05:14 PM
Carl Fogel

"SaintDan" dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom wrote in message ...
Hello everyone one, this is Dan the "Too Stupid and Whiny customer"

[snip]

Dear Dan,

I hope that you can forgive us for
not reading past your first sentence.

Carl Fogel
Old December 7th 03, 06:03 PM
B. Lafferty

"Peter" wrote in message
Bartow W. Riggs wrote:

I think it is important to have a personal relationship, especially with
your favorite mechanic.

I hope I never own anything so unreliable that I end up developing a
personal relationship with my mechanic.

Doesn't that depend on who she is??

Old December 7th 03, 06:10 PM
B. Lafferty

Saintly,
I'll preface this by saying that my first stop is always my LBS which
happens to be very, very good for all things mechanical. I will always try
them first. That said, I've ordered many things from Performance, mostly
clothing closeouts/sale items and have never, ever had a problem. The only
glitch I ever experienced was 10 years ago when a warehouse person pulled a
28c tire instead of the 23c that I wanted. They sent the correct tire, no
shipping charge, with two day delivery. And, they said to simply keep the
incorrect size tire. Now, these were Conti training tires at about $12 ea.
But, I considered the service to have been excellent. But then, I was nice.
Were you nice?

news

Old December 8th 03, 01:23 AM
Donald Gillies

Tim McNamara writes:

"Kerry Nikolaisen" f o u r n i k s @ c h a r t e r . n e t writes:

Why bash the customer who has had a bad experience? He is only
relaying his frustrations to you.

Nah, he's whining. His stuff was backordered, which just happens
sometimes and he took it personally.

Something like 5% of all people are clinically depressed at any given
time. If one of these depressants needs to ride his bike, and he
orders parts to repair his machine, in order to exercise and get well,
and the parts are not available, do you really and truly think he's
"whining" ?!?!

I'm not joking I know somebody who used his bicycle to cure depression
for over 30 years.

Snap judgements are a bad idea.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA