CXT: and we thought H2s were bad...

Old February 21st 05, 12:56 PM
Max

Default CXT: and we thought H2s were bad...

apologies if this is duplicative of an earlier post...

Not a joke site, this machine was physically at the Chicago Auto Show.
http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/xtfamily/cxt.asp .

I offer a free replacement water bottle and C02 cartridge to the first
cyclist to get flattened by one.

..max

--
the part of
was played by maxwell monningh 8-p
Old February 21st 05, 02:16 PM
RonSonic

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:23:48 GMT, Bonehenge
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:56:06 GMT, Max wrote:

apologies if this is duplicative of an earlier post...

Not a joke site, this machine was physically at the Chicago Auto Show.
http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/xtfamily/cxt.asp .

GM and Ford have offered similar vehicles, even if they were custom
assembled, for years.

They take an extra short wheelbase, medium duty truck, often quad cab,
and add a pickup bed, instead of a typical box or truck body. The
vehicles are quite popular with boat yards who use them to haul good
sized boats using trailers connected via pintle hook. I see them
towing 40-50 ft yachts through Connecticut on a regular basis.

The truck you're pointing to will probably not end up in many suburban
driveways, due to weight, height, fuel, and insurance costs. They'll
be no different on the road from any other medium duty truck.

The only difference will be the weirdly misplaced moral outrage directed at
them. Apparently people like the original poster have contempt for those who
move large things like horses, boats and race cars.

Ron
Old February 22nd 05, 12:19 AM
Max

TWO followups for the bandwidth of one. Such is my Love for Mankind
today.

wrote:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:56:06 GMT, Max wrote:
Not a joke site, this machine was physically at the Chicago Auto Show.
http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/xtfamily/cxt.asp .

GM and Ford have offered similar vehicles, even if they were custom
assembled, for years.

[...]
The truck you're pointing to will probably not end up in many suburban
driveways, due to weight, height, fuel, and insurance costs. They'll
be no different on the road from any other medium duty truck.

one may only hope. desparately hope. I have a steak dinner that says
the first one i see is has more two kiddie seats, no trailer hitch a bed
with perfect paint and POV plates. Although to be honest, only 60 are
planned for this year -- i suspect this idea will die in the cradle.

The only difference will be the weirdly misplaced moral outrage directed at
them. Apparently people like the original poster have contempt for those who
move large things like horses, boats and race cars.

I would be curious to discover how you intuited a) the existence of my
"moral outrage" and b) the target of this putative outrage.

please, do go on...

..max

Old February 22nd 05, 01:03 AM
Chris Neary

The only difference will be the weirdly misplaced moral outrage directed at
them. Apparently people like the original poster have contempt for those who
move large things like horses, boats and race cars.

Plenty of H2's in my locale.

Still waiting to see the first one sporting a hitch ball.

Draw your own conclusion.

Chris Neary

"Against stupidity even the gods struggle in vain" - Goethe
Old February 22nd 05, 01:20 AM
bentbrian

Wow, that is some dually! I hadn't better let my wife see it. She likes
big trucks! Yes, we have horses we move around too! I prefer the
"Western Haulers" myself. They sit a lot lower and hook up to a big
gooseneck trailer real nice. She is a very carefull and considerate
driver. Gives cyclists a big wide berth.

--
bentbrian

Old February 22nd 05, 06:54 AM
HardwareLust

"Max" wrote in message
TWO followups for the bandwidth of one. Such is my Love for Mankind
today.

one may only hope. desparately hope. I have a steak dinner that says
the first one i see is has more two kiddie seats, no trailer hitch a bed
with perfect paint and POV plates. Although to be honest, only 60 are
planned for this year -- i suspect this idea will die in the cradle.

Why would you so stupidly waste you time and energy "desparately" hoping
your neighbor doesn't buy one of these?

I got a news flash for ya: they sell THOUSANDS of these same trucks every
year to construction companies, delivery services, farms, racing teams, etc.
The only differences being the pickup bed, leather seats and fancy paint on
the CXT. They weigh the same, burn the same fuel, wear down the roads the
same, and can just as easily flatten a poor cyclist as a CXT, yet I don't
see you screaming about those thousands of new work trucks? I just don't
get your point.

The extra 60 they plan to sell to private citizens isn't even remotely a
drop in the bucket. They cost in the neighborhood of $100k each. They're
going to sell most or all of these to movie stars, pro athletes and other
celebrities, so unless you live in Hollywood or somewhere like that, I
seriously doubt that you will ever see a real CXT on the road in the hands
of a private citizen. You might see one at the auto show or on TV, but
that's about as close as you're ever going to get.

H.

Old February 22nd 05, 12:06 PM
Max

In article RGASd.41422$uc.24862@trnddc03,
"HardwareLust" wrote:

Why would you so stupidly waste you time and energy "desparately" hoping
your neighbor doesn't buy one of these?

A usenet poster asking about stupidly wasting time. Hah! Game. Set.
Tourney.

[...] yet I don't
see you screaming about those thousands of new work trucks? I just don't
get your point.

You just did, but you managed to stumble right past it -- and you have
even less excuse. Put your fingers on your mouth an make these
shapes.... when you're done it should sound like "work". Did you not
notice the direct association and contrast i made between work trucks
and yupmobiles? The kiddie seat remark was too subtle, wasn't it? The
CXT is not a "work" truck. When i see one with commercial plates, i'll
be sure to let you know.

The extra 60 they plan to sell to private citizens isn't even remotely a
drop in the bucket.

ahem No ****, sherlock. Thank you, i would never have figured that
out, having been the guy who posted the number. There's that rhetorical
imparement again -- apparently "die in the cradle" was too nuanced. I
apologize for ASSUMING YOU COULD READ FOR COMPREHENSION.

Ob cycling: the CXT comes with a great "i didn't see him" defense.

hmmm...now that i thimk of it, one might need a CDL to drive it anyway
[goobles] Nope. CDL triggers at 26,001 pounds, CXT has curb weight of
14,500, GVWR of 25,999.

..max

Old February 23rd 05, 04:32 AM
Mike Beauchamp

Yes, they might get used occasionally for moving **** by specialty users.
BUT, you know as soon as Nelly or P Diddy or some **** puts some flashy rims
on this monstrosity, everyone is going to want one. And the defense that it
costs $100G's therefore nobody will own one is flawed. Most people are in
debt, what's the problem in being in debt a little more to look like a star.
Cities are filled with people in fancy cars in fancy houses that can't
afford them.

I think the point of the post is to point out the fact that "bigger" has
suddenly meant better in the past several years, despite thousands of people
being killed in wars for oil. It's backwards thinking thanks to marketing.
Every truck commercial I see on TV has the main selling point of "largest in
it's class" (makes you wonder if each truck is just in its own class
anyways)... I mean, that's all fine and good if you are in need of moving
the largest possible amount of ****. But the fact is, most huge trucks
aren't being used for work at all, they're mearly a fashion statement.

Basketball stars don't move their own ****ing luggage to a game, but they
need an H2. Cars aren't transportation, they are diamond watches you drive..
and the bigger they are, the cooler you are. Talk to any
hot-yet-dumb-as-**** chick and they'll tell you they love guys with big
cars, not environmentally concious guys. Go into a toy section and look at
all the toy Hummers and H2's all "pimped" out... that's what kids want now.

Why can't a single rap star, movie star, whatever star put some really
****ing expensive flashy rims on a Smart Car... immediately brainwashing the
general public to lust after Smart Cars.

Yes, I'm bitter.. but I'm bitter towards all automobiles.. so, sorry if I
offended anyone that might actually own a huge diesel truck in here, who
might have actually used it to haul something (even though they could have
used a smaller truck and maybe made two trips). But, those old roads that
don't have bike lanes aren't getting any wider.. but all the vehicles are.
It's either eventually get mowed down by one, or go buy a bigger one than
your neighbor and perpetuate the "i'd rather live than the person i crash
into" cycle.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

Old February 23rd 05, 05:18 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Mike Beauchamp" writes:

Yes, I'm bitter.. but I'm bitter towards all automobiles..

Here's something to sweeten you mood:
http://www.nirve.com/main/cruiser/pr...asp?cid=580.04

Click on the pic for a closer view.

Darn pretty, eh? Luv those chainstays.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old February 23rd 05, 06:27 AM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:32:33 -0500, ,
"Mike Beauchamp" wrote, in part:

Yes, I'm bitter.. but I'm bitter towards all automobiles.. so, sorry if I
offended anyone that might actually own a huge diesel truck in here, who
might have actually used it to haul something (even though they could have
used a smaller truck and maybe made two trips).

They could have more economically and sensibly rented one for the few
times that they actually need its capabilities.

But hey, they gotta haul that ATV and ski-boat to the cottage every
weekend. Too bad the second job doesn't leave time for that anymore.
--
zk