Sidi shoe gaskets

Old November 3rd 03, 01:30 AM
Mike Lackey

Default Sidi shoe gaskets

FWIW...

Last spring I decided to "upgrade" to a set of Sidi Genius shoes. Within 30
days, the notorious squeak started.

Tried Johnson's and ArmorAll, seemed to be a temp fix. Soon as the
lubricant wore/washed off, the squeak returned.

Tried a 1" square of rubber between the adapter plate and the shoe. Seemed
to work except on hills (especially 8% or better).

Figured that if a small rubber square worked under most conditions, then
bigger *must* better.

Had some spare automotive-type gasket material in the garage. Removed
adapter plate, traced outline of adapter plate onto gasket material, trimmed
to fit, cut holes for cleats, then placed the "shoe gasket" between the shoe
and the adapter plate.

Took 'em for a spin yesterday.... several 8% (and better) climbs and nary a
squeak.

Your mileage may vary.

Old November 3rd 03, 02:45 AM
Ian S

In another thread discussing the dreaded Look squeak, I observed that I had
never had a problem with the squeak in over 15 years of riding Look pedals.
I neglected to mention that I sprinkle some tire talc every month or so on
the cleats so that release would be as smooth as possible. Maybe that has
kept the squeak at bay too.
"Mike Lackey" wrote in message
[...]

Egg beater wearin down shoe soles Joseph Jozwik Mountain Biking 6 May 28th 04 01:08 AM
experience with Lake MXZ 300 winter shoe? Doug Purdy General 2 January 8th 04 06:52 PM
Sidi shoe question FlashSteve General 1 September 5th 03 01:36 PM
how much wider is sidi MEGA dominator/genius? ari Techniques 3 July 22nd 03 02:47 AM
A good casual road shoe? Peter Cole Techniques 4 July 11th 03 12:11 AM