Mother Earth to bike path: Drop dead

Old May 7th 16, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Mother Earth to bike path: Drop dead

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...506-story.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 7th 16, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/7/2016 12:57 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
I liked having the airport and the gun club.

Yep, Miegs Field had actual utility.

Old May 7th 16, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/7/2016 10:45 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...506-story.html

That's following the fatal bike path collapse in Rio.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-36106308

Perhaps Gaia wants us to ride on the roads.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 8th 16, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Not surprising. My town has trails along the rivers and creeks. Right now some parts of the trail are covered in water due to the heavy rain up north. Makes some biking problematic. I'm pretty sure creeks and rivers have been overflowing their canals since the earth first had water.
Old May 8th 16, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 10:45:34 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...506-story.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

AWW THE BIKE PATH IS MOTHER EARTH
Old May 8th 16, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

AMuzi wrote in :

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...erly-island-er
osion-met-20160506-story.html

Somebody skimped on the riprap.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old May 8th 16, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 4:27:30 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Not surprising. My town has trails along the rivers and creeks. Right now some parts of the trail are covered in water due to the heavy rain up north. Makes some biking problematic. I'm pretty sure creeks and rivers have been overflowing their canals since the earth first had water.

We get that periodically on the MUP that follows the Willamette River from downtown. http://bikeportland.org/2011/05/31/h...ocations-53967

I pushed the ducks out of the way and rode a sunken section just to see if I could do it, but when the water got over 3', I had to get off and walk -- and repack my bearings when I got home. You have to do stupid things now and then just because.

-- Jay Beattie.