Do Bicycle LED Lights Provide Light for Riding?

Old December 13th 05, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Do Bicycle LED Lights Provide Light for Riding?

In article . com,
" writes:
My town requires bicyclists to have a bicycle light on when dark. I
found an LED front light online for $15.00. This will will make me
visable to traffic but will it provide any light for me? I sometimes
ride in a very dark conditions but would only need a little light. If
it doesn't provide any light can anyone recommd a light that does and
is under $30.00?

Last year I purchased an old-school bottle generator/light set
for $28.change (CDN). The mfgr is Tung Lin (Taiwan), and it's
basically a knock-off of the old Union bottle generators. Such
a system would elegantly fill the criteria you describe.

If you go this route, I'd recommend supplanting the supplied
one-conductor wiring with 2-conductor lamp cord which provides
dependabler connections and doesn't necessitate driving screws
into your bicycle's paint. And it would be a good idea to keep
your LED light as well; use both the generator and LED lights.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Do Bicycle LED Lights Provide Light for Riding? wafflycat General 6 December 14th 05 01:01 PM
Bicycleism Bicycleism Social Issues 1 July 19th 05 01:58 PM
Why not generator lights? davidd86 Techniques 419 January 7th 05 04:43 PM
rear lights Dmitri Colebatch Australia 11 March 11th 04 12:03 AM