rotor cranks

Old October 28th 03, 07:49 PM
andy

Default rotor cranks

Thanx for all the input, well at least most of it. Good point that it
probably will be most significant on non-cylists or at least less
serious cyclists. I'll try to get up to boulder and try that bike
peter.
thanx to all.
andy
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:58:35 GMT,
wrote:

Robert Chung writes:

I have been reading many positive things about this system. Saw
the representative at the velo swap today and am very intrigued.
Numerous on line testimonies seem very positive. Anyone here have
thoughts or personal experience?

http://tinyurl.com/spt2

That's nice but you'll notice that they tested non-bicyclists, people
who cannot readily put out reasonable enduring power anyway, so to my
estimation this test shows nothing of interest while alluding to
results, positive or negative, depending on what you want to read from
it.

Jobst Brandt

Old October 28th 03, 08:13 PM

Hi,

In article , trifox13
@covad.net says...

Good point that it
probably will be most significant on non-cylists or at least less
serious cyclists.

Not exactly. In my opinion it helps cyclists whose pedalling technique
is not perfect. Even many of the pros don't have a great technique (I
don't know what's the English term for 'round pedalling'). And it should
also help them, but the improvement should be smaller.

I'll try to get up to boulder and try that bike

Don't expect to see the effects in the first ride. Your body needs to
adapt to the new system. In my case it took me a few weeks to see the
improvements.

Regards,
Francisco Sanchez

http://www.billeniumsoft.com
Old October 29th 03, 06:22 AM
Robert Chung

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:58:35 GMT,
wrote:

Robert Chung writes:
http://tinyurl.com/spt2

That's nice but you'll notice that they tested non-bicyclists, people
who cannot readily put out reasonable enduring power anyway, so to my
estimation this test shows nothing of interest while alluding to
results, positive or negative, depending on what you want to read from
it.

(Sorry to reply to Andy's post--my newsreader didn't pick up Jobst's post,
so I didn't read his comment until Andy included it).

Yeah, I know. These researchers (as well as others, I understand) are
trying to do the study with trained riders. In any event, I posted that
link because it is (currently) the *only* study in a refereed journal.

Posting links is sort of like posting a Rorschach inkblot. People see in
them what they want to see. What caught my eye was that "other performance
determinants ... do not seem to be changed."

Old October 29th 03, 01:55 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

trifox- I'll try to get up to boulder and try that bike
peter. BRBR

No problema-ride it for an hour or more if you like. Just need a credit card
and river's license...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old October 29th 03, 09:06 PM

Robert Chung writes:

[...]

These mechanisms are invented by the same people who made "snap-over
connecting rods for cars to give more leverage to combustion pressure
in the cylinders, all the while ignoring that the stroke remains
unchanged (if they are lucky) and that all the pressure is expanded to
the crank shaft.

These Rotor Crank people do not recognize that work is FORCE x
DISTANCE and that their crank only changes the phase of the legs, not
the work performed. This is basically a perpetual motion machine, one
that creates power with no additional effort.

If these people would ride up a long grade, they would notice that the
limitation is cardiovascular (assuming they were in condition to do
so) and that all the phase change mechanisms do not alter the work
performed or achieved. In fact smooth sinusoidal motion does that
best.

Jobst Brandt

Old October 30th 03, 10:12 PM
Bill Franklin

You tell them, Mr. Jobst. Work is where it's at! We could care less
about power. You old fuddy-duddy! Go back to your spoked wheels!
I was temped to write a detailed positive review but I'd rather keep
my mouth shut and my advantage intact and continue to win triathlons
with them. Funny thing is rarely does someone even spot them on my
bike at my races.
I would say yeah, ride them on a test bike up a few hills in Boulder
and then say "oh, they're alright." People, if you think that that is
a controlled test you need retake 7th grade Science and get a lesson
in the Scientific method. If you want to listen to Jobst Brandt (has
he even seen the rotors?) you need to have your head examined. BTW,
Jobst, while you're at it can you explain to me why bumblebees can't
fly? I always wondered that, and I'm sure you are the person to tell
me.
BF
Old October 31st 03, 05:00 AM
Carl Fogel

(Bill Franklin) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Dear Bill,

Funny thing, googling for "triathlon" and "bill franklin"
doesn't seem to turn up any triumphs.

Perhaps you compete under another name?

The only "bill franklin" that shows up with "triathlon"
seems to be a 32-year-old fellow from Lowell, Massachusetts,
who in 2002 finished 32nd, 15th, 138th, and 351st in
various competitions. In his picture, he looks like a
happy, modest fellow, so I suppose that you're someone
else.

Under what name are your rotor-crank-aided victories
found on the internet? Trust me--I promise not to reveal
your secret. You don't seem to be hiding your light
under bushels like "franklin, bill" or "william franklin."

(Web pages and results for "bill franklin" follow for the
curious.)

Carl Fogel

***

http://www.mvstriders.com/02_race3.htm

Lexington FD Ambulance Chase 5K
Lexington, MA, May 19, 2002
PLACE NAME NO. SEX AG CITY ST time PACE
32 Bill Franklin 180 M 32 Lowell MA 21:26 6:55

***

http://www.mvstriders.com/02_race3.htm

Turret Trot 5k
Methuen, MA, June 9, 2002
TIME PACE DIVSION AGE NAME Town, State
18:48 6:03 M 40-49 45 Charles Perry Hampstead, NH
18:56 6:06 M 32-39 39 Gregory Sun Wilmington, MA
19:48 6:23 M 32-39 35 Scott Molinari Waltham, MA
20:01 6:27 M 50-59 57 Bill Marlow Andover, MA
20:53 6:44 M 32-39 34 Scot Martel Methuen, MA
21:01 6:46 M 50-59 50 Gary Martin Boxford, MA
21:41 6:59 M 40-49 49 Andrew Ober Boxford, MA
21:47 7:01 M 50-59 52 Will Meredith Methuen, MA
21:48 7:01 M ...19 13 Geoffrey Martin Boxford, MA
21:50 7:02 M 40-49 47 Dana Kelley Westford, MA
21:52 7:03 M 32-39 32 Daniel Hill Haverhill, MA
22:06 7:07 M 40-49 41 Jim Moran Methuen, MA
22:20 7:12 F 40-49 45 Kim Reddington Reading, MA
22:47 7:20 M 50-59 58 Louis St_Leo Methuen, MA
*22:50 7:21 M 32-39 32******Bill Franklin Lowell, MA

***

http://www.mvstriders.com/02_race4.htm

North Andover 4th of July 10K
North Andover, MA, July 4, 2002
PLACE NAME NO. DIV TOWN FINISH
PACE
138 Bill Franklin 615 36 M3039 Lowell MA 51:19
8:16

***

http://www.mvstriders.com/02_race3.htm

Rojacks 5 Miler -- Grand Prix Race #6
Attleboro, MA, September 29, 2002
PLC Time Pace PLC/Group PLC/Sex Bib# Name
Town, State Club
351 36:38 7:20 131 18-39 262 M 401 Bill Franklin
Lowell,MA MVS