Feedback wanted on Ritchey Road OCR rims

Old November 2nd 03, 02:16 PM
Alan

Default Feedback wanted on Ritchey Road OCR rims

I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey OCR
road rims in 32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy
hubs due to the dish required with a normal rim. It looks like there are 3
different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.

I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you
have any feedback about these rims? Do you know what company actually
manufactures these rims?

Thanks,

Alan

Old November 2nd 03, 03:23 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

aefish- I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and
Ritchey OCR
road rims in 32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy
hubs due to the dish required with a normal rim. It looks like there are 3
different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar. BRBR

Might look at Velocity Aeroheads also..Very nice OCR rear....

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old November 2nd 03, 07:43 PM
Nick Payne

FWIW, I've had two of them crack around the spoke holes - both 32h rims with
an OCR Pro sticker on them. At only 145 lbs I don't normally break
equipment. I replaced them with Velocity Aerohead OCR rims. So far so good.

Nick

news

Old November 3rd 03, 12:40 AM
Dave S

I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you
have any feedback about these rims? Do you know what company actually
manufactures these rims?

Since you are looking for lightweight, this rules out Ritchey's OCR
Trekking rim. However, if you want bombproof, they are worth a look.
I just built up a 36 hole pair for cross and fire road riding. They
are way to new to comment on durability but if I have any problems
with them, I'll post a note.

Dave

Old November 3rd 03, 05:12 AM
A Muzi

Alan wrote:

I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey OCR
road rims in 32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy
hubs due to the dish required with a normal rim. It looks like there are 3
different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.

I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you
have any feedback about these rims? Do you know what company actually
manufactures these rims?

No idea but we build a lot of Velocity AeroHead OC which are
good rims and very available.

And they put their own name on what they make.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old November 3rd 03, 04:06 PM
Mike S.

"Alan" wrote in message
news
I am thinking about having some wheels built with Campy hubs and Ritchey

OCR
road rims in 32 hole. It seems like the OCR rims are a good idea w Campy
hubs due to the dish required with a normal rim. It looks like there are

3
different rims - WCS, PRO and Comp but the specs are very similar.

I am looking for something very dependable but still lightweight. Do you
have any feedback about these rims? Do you know what company actually
manufactures these rims?

Thanks,

Alan

I don't have the OC version, but I do have a pair of the non-offset rims
that are very nice. I also have had a pair of Velocity rims. Also very
nice.

Either one are going to build a very nice wheel.

Mike