Dark blue lights

Old May 10th 04, 01:07 PM
Meeba

Default Dark blue lights

Can anyone please tell me where in melb l can get those 'thin dark blu
lights" for front o bike? As dark blue as copper's lights thanks

-

Old May 10th 04, 04:24 PM
Marty Wallace

"Meeba" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me where in melb l can get those 'thin dark blue
lights" for front o bike? As dark blue as copper's lights thanks j

Just get a green or white light and unsolder the LEDs and solder in some
blue LEDs. When run with a red light it really slows down the traffic around
you.

Marty

Old May 11th 04, 04:42 AM
Mike

Marty Wallace wrote:

Can anyone please tell me where in melb l can get those 'thin dark blue
lights" for front o bike? As dark blue as copper's lights thanks j

Just get a green or white light and unsolder the LEDs and solder in some
blue LEDs.

White maybe, but not green. Green LEDs run on a lower voltage than blue
ones. A "white" LED is really a blue LED with fluorescent material.
Old May 11th 04, 10:38 AM
Marty Wallace

"Mike" wrote in message
Marty Wallace wrote:

Can anyone please tell me where in melb l can get those 'thin dark blue
lights" for front o bike? As dark blue as copper's lights thanks j

Just get a green or white light and unsolder the LEDs and solder in some
blue LEDs.

White maybe, but not green. Green LEDs run on a lower voltage than blue
ones. A "white" LED is really a blue LED with fluorescent material.

Well I swapped green LEDs for Blue and it worked. This was before any white
LEDs for bikes were available, so that shoots your comment down in flames.

Marty