Flatbar Cross Bike - Shifters?

Old July 23rd 05, 02:43 PM
Crossnutz

Default Flatbar Cross Bike - Shifters?

Decided to switch to flatbar this year.

CAn I keep ultegra Rear and XTR top pull in front with trigger shift?

Best trigger shift?

Thanks

Scott Calley

Old July 23rd 05, 05:37 PM
Hank Wirtz

"Crossnutz" wrote in news:11e4ibpaoo9j1a0
@corp.supernews.com:

Decided to switch to flatbar this year.

CAn I keep ultegra Rear and XTR top pull in front with trigger shift?

Best trigger shift?

Thanks

Scott Calley

Yup, if it's 9-speed. All Shimano 9-speeds, barring the first year of DA9
have the same cable pull.

I have Deores, and the only difference I see between them and the XTs is
plastic vs alloy.Shimano also makes ones specific for FBR bikes, but they
look like the ATB ones without the group logos.
Old July 24th 05, 01:56 AM
juicemouse

It'll work perfectly now matter how many speeds the bike is. Just make
sure your new shifters are the same speed as your cassette.

Old July 24th 05, 02:39 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Hank Wirtz wrote:
"Crossnutz" wrote in news:11e4ibpaoo9j1a0
@corp.supernews.com:

Decided to switch to flatbar this year.

CAn I keep ultegra Rear and XTR top pull in front with trigger shift?

Best trigger shift?

Thanks

Scott Calley

Yup, if it's 9-speed. All Shimano 9-speeds, barring the first year of DA9
have the same cable pull.

All 9s starting in 1997, until today, have had the same cable pull. I'm
thinking you are thinking about DA8s, which was unique in the shimano
lineup.

Any shimano MTB shifters will work for you.

Old July 24th 05, 07:25 PM
Hank Wirtz

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in
ups.com:

All 9s starting in 1997, until today, have had the same cable pull.
I'm thinking you are thinking about DA8s, which was unique in the
shimano lineup.

You're absolutely right on all counts, and I realized it as soon as I
posted it, but thought the point too tangential to the OP to post a
correction, since we probably weren't going to involve any DA parts in the
equation.

Thanks for keeping us honest!

-HW