Burley opinions?

Old August 4th 05, 03:53 AM
RecumbentMaybe

I converted to a recumbent because my ass got sore at 27km.
But I have discovered setups on DFs which overcome this problem.
1) Get yourself in a more upright riding position. This ensures that
there is less weight on your arms, wrists and that you are sitting on
you sit bones rather than the top of your scrotum. Also you are looking
more straight ahead. (Only Lance Armstrong and wantabees ride the
nutcracker position.)
This is usually done by raising your handle bars. I converted my drop
downs to upright albatross bars.

2) Get a Brooks saddle with springs. B67 or B66 depending on the mount.

The only problem now is that most manufactures manufacture frames with
too steep of a seat tube angle for this setup, so you have to push your
seat as far back in the adjustment as possible.

I still however enjoy the ride of bent's much more.

Old August 4th 05, 10:05 PM
Servojohn

I think you were responding to my post(as I can't find any other
references to a recumbent for sale in this thread). I'm in the
Chicago area if you're interested in my Limbo.

Best regards,

John

Easy Racer Homebuilt Opinions and Comments - very LONG MJ Recumbent Biking 5 January 6th 05 02:42 PM
Crankset opinions jim c Techniques 14 December 16th 04 12:32 AM
Opinions on wireless computers? Preston Crawford General 25 September 9th 04 05:04 PM
Which type of bike? Your opinions please. Chris Hansen General 3 January 16th 04 12:10 PM
Specialized FSR XC Pro opinions, also K2 and Fisher mfgp Mountain Biking 4 October 27th 03 03:34 PM