Melb: Fellow commuter rage... maybe..?

Old May 31st 06, 03:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Melb: Fellow commuter rage... maybe..?

Outbound Studly Rd into Kew last night around 8:30pm... after a hard
session at the velo and a hard lap of the bouile I was almost spent. I
spot a roadie commuter fly past.. arh good.. one last target.. Off I
take.. caught him in no time. He stops at the lights at the bottom of
the last rise (before the descent in to Kew junction). I hold back to
have more speed to get up and over. I pass while he was out of the
saddle grinding away, giving him more room than required, not swerving
in or out.

I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep
on with my cool down in the back streets.

Do you also scream at cars and motorbikes that pass you? Your Turrets
Syndrome returning? Next time, stfu, or take a turn on the front.

GPL - Commuter Olympian

--
gplama

Old May 31st 06, 04:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 31 May 2006 12:20:39 +1000
gplama wrote:

I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep

Are you sure it wasn't "are you aware that there's a large hole in
your knicks?"

Zebee
Old May 31st 06, 04:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

gplama wrote:

I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep

Are you sure it wasn't "are you aware that there's a large hole in
your knicks?"

Zebee

Or, "Did you see what that fscker in the conformadore just did? I'm
gonna beat the fsck out of him at the next traffic lights..."

Tam
Old May 31st 06, 08:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Fellow commuter rage... maybe..?

"gplama" wrote in message

[...]

Was he drafting you and you suprised him by braking, or swerving right to
turn left, or....?

Old May 31st 06, 11:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle

PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------
gplama Wrote:
[...]

maybe the crooked-toothed stinky pommie "former world champ"
wheelsucker terrorising the river ride up here recently has moved down
your way. We can only hope

--
monsterman

Old May 31st 06, 10:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle

gplama Wrote:
[...]

Take a turn on the front? What am I, Jens Voigt? Scream at cars? why
not I say, and don't stop at cars, scream at pedestrians, dogs and
discarded milk cartons! Arrrgh!

That does feel better

Riders in the western suburbs must be more relaxed... I haven't seen or
heard similar 'around our way'.

Ritch

--
ritcho

Old May 31st 06, 11:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle

MikeyOz Wrote:
on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care
who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath
them!!!

'cept for the ladies

--
gplama

Old June 1st 06, 03:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle

MikeyOz Wrote:
on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care
who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath
them!!!

Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.

Don't knock the Flight Centre boys. I have their butts forever in my
mind. Rrrr!

--
LotteBum

Old June 1st 06, 05:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle

MikeyOz Wrote:
on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care
who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath
them!!!

Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.I have seen a guy riding his bike in Adelaide with a flesh-coloured

bodysuit. At first glance, we thought he was riding naked! I was on the
bus at the time and despite having my camera, couldn't get a shot of him
because a truck was in the way.

--
deejbah

Old June 1st 06, 05:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle

deejbah Wrote:
I have seen a guy riding his bike in Adelaide with a flesh-coloured
bodysuit. At first glance, we thought he was riding naked! I was on the
bus at the time and despite having my camera, couldn't get a shot of him
because a truck was in the way.

Only in Adelaide would a grown man admit to wanting to take a picutre
of another grown man looking nekkid! :P

--
gplama