How many cyclists not wearing helmets have been killed?

Old January 14th 07, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Holmes

Default How many cyclists not wearing helmets have been killed?

Just a thought as to whether helmets really do save lives.

How many cyclists not wearing helmets have been either killed or badly
injured, compared with cyclists who do wear helmets?

Alan

Old January 14th 07, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:33:50 +0000, Alan Holmes wrote:

Just a thought as to whether helmets really do save lives.

How many cyclists not wearing helmets have been either killed or badly
injured, compared with cyclists who do wear helmets?

Now, now Alan. Playing the judge who asked "Who are the Beatles?" is
your normal role here. Aggravated Trolling is not.

Mike (Expecting "What is trolling?" response....)
Old January 15th 07, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark McNeill

Response to Mike Causer:
Now, now Alan. Playing the judge who asked "Who are the Beatles?" is
your normal role here. Aggravated Trolling is not.

PWP is my guess.

--
Mark, UK
"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
Old January 15th 07, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

In article , Mike Causer wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:33:50 +0000, Alan Holmes wrote:

Just a thought as to whether helmets really do save lives.

How many cyclists not wearing helmets have been either killed or badly
injured, compared with cyclists who do wear helmets?

Now, now Alan. Playing the judge who asked "Who are the Beatles?" is
your normal role here. Aggravated Trolling is not.

I did vaguely wonder if some of his recent posts were forgeries - his
style really does seem to have changed. I haven't bothered examining
headers though, and it's more likely he's just sulking because no one
took his Olympic standard touring times seriously.
Old January 15th 07, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Holmes

"Mike Causer" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:33:50 +0000, Alan Holmes wrote:

Just a thought as to whether helmets really do save lives.

How many cyclists not wearing helmets have been either killed or badly
injured, compared with cyclists who do wear helmets?

I was serious, I wonder whether the fuss about helmets is worth while, for
about a hundred years cyclist have not worn helmets, so why have they
suddenly appeared?

Alan

Old January 15th 07, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Alan Holmes wrote:

I was serious, I wonder whether the fuss about helmets is worth while

Well, you deserve an award of some sort for *completely* failing to take
in one /hell/ of a lot of traffic here.

www.cyclehelmets.org is the place, get reading.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old January 15th 07, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Alan Holmes said the following on 15/01/2007 12:54:

I was serious, I wonder whether the fuss about helmets is worth while, for
about a hundred years cyclist have not worn helmets, so why have they
suddenly appeared?

Please - rather than stir up this always-heated discussion again, have a
look back through the many, many threads on this subject.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old January 15th 07, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Alan Holmes wrote:
Just a thought as to whether helmets really do save lives.

How many cyclists not wearing helmets have been either killed or badly
injured, compared with cyclists who do wear helmets?

TROLL! In the dungeons! Though you ought to know... Professor Quirrell

BugBear
Old January 15th 07, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

Peter Clinch wrote:
Alan Holmes wrote:

I was serious, I wonder whether the fuss about helmets is worth while

Well, you deserve an award of some sort for *completely* failing to take
in one /hell/ of a lot of traffic here.

The speed he goes, is it any wonder he can't read it?

--
Dave...

Old January 15th 07, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Holmes

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Alan Holmes wrote:

I was serious, I wonder whether the fuss about helmets is worth while

Well, you deserve an award of some sort for *completely* failing to take
in one /hell/ of a lot of traffic here.

www.cyclehelmets.org is the place, get reading.

And that will tell me everything I have asked?

Alan

Pete.