Minnesota pickup truck/cyclist altercation...

Old August 20th 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

Default Minnesota pickup truck/cyclist altercation...

http://www.startribune.com/local/sou...Arks:DCiUocOaL

I went to college in River Falls, WI. Although it was a great place to
cycle, there were a lot of pickup truck-driving hicks. For some
reason, many of them held grudges against cyclist. But, not like the
article above...

Cullen
Old August 20th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

On 2009-08-20, wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/local/sou...Arks:DCiUocOaL

I went to college in River Falls, WI. Although it was a great place to
cycle, there were a lot of pickup truck-driving hicks. For some
reason, many of them held grudges against cyclist. But, not like the
article above...

What I liked about the article is that the pickup driver allegedly
called the cyclist "trailer trash", but when the police came they
found the the pickup truck...

....in the trailer park.

Irony win.

--

Kristian Zoerhoff

Old August 20th 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

On 2009-08-20, wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/local/sou...Arks:DCiUocOaL

I went to college in River Falls, WI. Although it was a great place to
cycle, there were a lot of pickup truck-driving hicks. For some
reason, many of them held grudges against cyclist. But, not like the
article above...

What I liked about the article is that the pickup driver allegedly
called the cyclist "trailer trash", but when the police came they
found the the pickup truck...

...in the trailer park.

Irony win.

Interesting.
I bought a huge house on the North side of Minneapolis way back in 1992
and don't remember seeing any trailers in any of my travels around the
Twin-cities area. I thought it was too cold for trailer park hicks up
there since my house had four kinds of heat for the -20F days in the
winter. Oil, Propane, Wood, and Electric, just in case you ran out and
the truck could not deliver. It seems a trailer would be totally
impractical. Even my garage had a wood burning stove.
??????

Bill Baka
Old August 21st 09, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Cully J

On Aug 20, 2:45*pm, Bill Baka wrote:
Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
On 2009-08-20, wrote:
[...]

I attended college in nearby River Falls, and I also don't remember
any trailor parks.

Minneapolis is a pretty bike-friendly city, isn't it?

Cullen
Old August 22nd 09, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
On 2009-08-20, wrote:
[...]

Yes, and I loved it but the job market for Electronics drove me to move
to Chicago and then back to California. I lost a ton of money in about 2
years time. I loved my house in the Northern Chicago suburbs with a lake
for a back yard. I could go out and power row after work or ride around
the lake to burn off frustration with my work day and idiot company
owner. My wife used to sit in my boat and feed raccoons at sundown and
it was a great place to live. It was a one job or no job area and the
situation at work motivated me to come back to California. When I went
to work for H.P. people knew of the place I worked and asked me how I
even made it one year without killing the owner. He was known to be his
own worst enemy.
Sigh.
Bill Baka
Old August 22nd 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Phil W Lee wrote:
Bill Baka considered Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:45:35
-0700 the perfect time to write:

Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
On 2009-08-20, wrote:
[...]

Meanwhile, my bikeshed is air conditioned

Yeah, that I believe. In Minnesnowta and Illinois we had basements to
retreat to but it never got that hot anyway.

Bill Baka