Putting a KH seat on a Miyata--what's involved?

Old June 20th 05, 01:43 PM
Jethro

Default Putting a KH seat on a Miyata--what's involved?

I have a Miyata with a standard Miyata seat. I also have a large, soft
butt. The two are not all that compatible, but I have gotten by. This
weekend, I rode a uni that had a KH seat. Now I have to have one. It was
made with my butt in mind.

I don't do trials or tricks or anything. I just ride in parades and
around the neighborhood.

What is involved in switching seats? Can I just buy the KH seat and bolt
it on? Will I need to convert the bolt assembly in any way? Will I need
a different post?

My butt thanks you for your prompt and courteous responses.

P.S. I have searched around for the forum for this and couldnt find
exactly what I was looking for.

--
Jethro - Exotic Dancer

Smiley Sucks
Jethro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9413

Old June 20th 05, 02:42 PM
hecklar

There are certainly many posts in the archives discussing this issue,
but i'll help you out nonetheless. I don't mind as much as others.

I have actually done the opposite. I ride a Bedford frame that came
with a KH saddle and post. When i broke the KH saddle while jumping
down some stairs, i decided to switch to a Miyata saddle. To do so, i
had to buy a new Miyata saddle *and* seat post, since the KH (standard)
and Miyata posts have different base plate designs (the holes are in
different places). Fortunately, both posts fit into my frame.

So, to answer your question, you'll just have to buy a new KH *with a KH
(standard) seat post*. The post costs about $10 extra, so no worries.
Just to be sure though, you may want to ask the distributor about the
post width and check that it matches your Miyata seat post. If it
doesn't, there are adapters available, but i'm sure it will fit.

Good luck with the new KH saddle. I ride one on my commuter, and it
feels great. It's just isn't as good as the Miyata for street/trials
riding, in my opinion.

--
hecklar - Street Rider (Level 4)
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

Old June 20th 05, 03:39 PM
pdc

You can get a Velo (which is what a KH is) on ebay for about $35
delivered.

--
pdc - Wacky Fringe Sportster
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old June 20th 05, 03:44 PM
Jethro

hecklar wrote:
*So, to answer your question, you'll just have to buy a new KH *with a
KH (standard) seat post*. The post costs about $10 extra, so no
worries. Just to be sure though, you may want to ask the distributor
about the post width and check that it matches your Miyata seat post.
If it doesn't, there are adapters available, but i'm sure it will fit.
*

Thanks for that help. I contacted unicycle.com and was able to order
what I needed to make it work (Saddle and seat post).

Old June 20th 05, 03:45 PM
Jethro

pdc wrote:
*You can get a Velo (which is what a KH is) on ebay for about $35
delivered. *

I ordered mine from UDC before I saw this, but thanks.