Replacement of Trek 730

Old May 23rd 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
bud

Default Replacement of Trek 730

I recently had my car, with a trek 730 on a bike rack, stolen. The
car was recovered, but the Trek 730 was not.

As part of the process, my insurance agent asked me to find a
recommendation of a replacement bike, as the Trek 730 is not in
production. Perhaps from a bike shop or some knowledgeable
individual.

So of course, I thought of the net.

What is the current Trek model that is comparable to a 1990's era Trek
730?

Thanks!
Old May 23rd 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

"bud" wrote in message
I recently had my car, with a trek 730 on a bike rack, stolen. The
car was recovered, but the Trek 730 was not.

As part of the process, my insurance agent asked me to find a
recommendation of a replacement bike, as the Trek 730 is not in
production. Perhaps from a bike shop or some knowledgeable
individual.

So of course, I thought of the net.

What is the current Trek model that is comparable to a 1990's era Trek
730?

Thanks!

The 730 was a non-suspended hybrid-type bike, very similar to the current
Trek "FX" series. In fact, the closest equivalent would be the 7.3FX model,
currently selling for about $520. Here's a link to it-
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes..._path/fx/73fx/

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old May 24th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On May 23, 7:23*am, bud wrote:
I recently had my car, with a trek 730 on a bike rack, stolen. *The
car was recovered, but the Trek 730 was not.

As part of the process, my insurance agent asked me to find a
recommendation of a replacement bike

When I was struck by a hit & run, destroying the front end of a
perfectly good 10-year old Bianchi Volpe, I get help from my car
insurance with my medical expenses since they consider riding a bike
the same as being a pedestrian, and cover those expenses under the
'uninsured' motorist section, but nothing for my bike. But from what
Bud is saying I think I would have been better off to call 911 and
tell them that my car and my bike were stolen! Yeah, then I could
have just called up the insurance company and said 'hey guess what, my
car showed up in my driveway, now what are you gonna do about my
BIKE!!!"
ABS