Sachs Elan 12 speed hub

Old September 30th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Sachs Elan 12 speed hub

I have either lost or misplaced the manual for my Sachs 12 speed hub
and have not been able to find a PDF online that illustrates how to
release the shifter cable from the hub.

There is some kind of a 'quick release', to make wheel removal easy
but I have forgotten how it worked.

I would appreciate it if you have a link that will help me.

TIA

Lewis.

*****
Old September 30th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Sep 30, 11:26 pm, " wrote:
I have either lost or misplaced the manual for my Sachs 12 speed hub
and have not been able to find a PDF online that illustrates how to
release the shifter cable from the hub.

There is some kind of a 'quick release', to make wheel removal easy
but I have forgotten how it worked.

I would appreciate it if you have a link that will help me.

TIA

Lewis.

*****

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/sram/...M_GHS_E_99.pdf

Page 27
Old October 1st 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

wrote:
I have either lost or misplaced the manual for my Sachs 12 speed hub
and have not been able to find a PDF online that illustrates how to
release the shifter cable from the hub.
There is some kind of a 'quick release', to make wheel removal easy
but I have forgotten how it worked.
I would appreciate it if you have a link that will help me.

A Muzi wrote:
Just inside the chainstay about 130mm from the axle there's a snap-apart
interface between the gear wire and hub control wire. Fingers only, no
tools.

landotter wrote:
Does it give ya a nice manicure if you're not careful like those
springy Nexus thingies?

Nope, painless interface!
Pull a Nexus casing out of its stop before attacking the fingerbiters on
the hub. That's in Shimano's directions, which few have actually read.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old October 2nd 08, 11:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sep 30, 11:06*am, landotter wrote:
On Sep 30, 11:26 pm, " wrote:

I have either lost or misplaced the manual for my Sachs 12 speed hub
and have not been able to find a PDF online that illustrates how to
release the shifter cable from the hub.

There is some kind of a 'quick release', to make wheel removal easy
but I have forgotten how it worked.

I would appreciate it if you have a link that will help me.

TIA

Lewis.

*****

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/sram/...M_GHS_E_99.pdf

Page 27

Thanks, this is what I needed.

Also, I needed to put my glasses on, so I could see what I was
doing. :-)

Kind regards.

Lewis.

*****

FS: Sachs 8 speed FREEWHEEL [email protected] Marketplace 0 October 29th 07 11:45 PM
7 speed Sachs X Recumbent Biking 2 December 23rd 05 03:32 AM
FS: Sachs 8-speed Freewheel BW Marketplace 0 November 10th 04 04:25 PM
FA: Sachs 8 Speed Freewheel Dave Mayer Marketplace 0 August 21st 04 09:26 PM
Sachs Torpedo 3-speed Adam Rush Techniques 7 December 23rd 03 09:11 AM