please advise ... about a bike

Old October 2nd 08, 08:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mariusz

Default please advise ... about a bike

hello everyone,
I have an opportunity to buy bicycle :

http://www.allegro.pl/item440970094_...lo_okazja.html

The seller wants 400 $ (shipping included). Is this a good deal ?
The frame is made from columbus brain tubes. I`m 189 cm tall.

regards
Mariusz

Old October 2nd 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Oct 2, 1:52 am, mariusz wrote:
hello everyone,
I have an opportunity to buy bicycle :

http://www.allegro.pl/item440970094_...lo_okazja.html

The seller wants 400 $ (shipping included). Is this a good deal ?
The frame is made from columbus brain tubes. I`m 189 cm tall.

regards
Mariusz

The bike is nice and it is worth the asking price if in good shape.
However, it looks huge.
Old October 3rd 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Oct 2, 9:03*am, " wrote:
On Oct 2, 1:52 am, mariusz wrote:

hello everyone,
I have an opportunity to buy bicycle :

http://www.allegro.pl/item440970094_...lo_okazja.html

The seller wants 400 $ (shipping included). Is this a good deal ?
The frame is made from columbus brain tubes. I`m 189 cm tall.

regards
Mariusz

The bike is nice and it is worth the asking price if in good shape.
However, it looks huge.

At 6'2", so is the OP.

It's a 60cm, and I ride bikes that big, at an even 6'.
Old October 3rd 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article
,
Hank wrote:

http://www.allegro.pl/item440970094_...olo_okazja.htm

The seller wants 400 $ (shipping included). Is this a good deal ?
The frame is made from columbus brain tubes. I`m 189 cm tall.

regards Mariusz

The bike is nice and it is worth the asking price if in good shape.
However, it looks huge.

At 6'2", so is the OP.

It's a 60cm, and I ride bikes that big, at an even 6'.

Is 6'2" "huge?" Maybe it's a matter of perspective, I am 6'4" and don't
think of myself as huge let alone someone who's 6'2". Of course, anybody
who is taller than 6'4" looks "huge" to me!
Old October 3rd 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

On 10/3/2008 7:51 AM Tim McNamara wrote:

In article
,
Hank wrote:

@ 5' 6'' myself, you're all pretty huge.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

Newbie seeks bike purchase advise Tom Cumming UK 30 November 4th 07 05:18 PM
Cool bike advise Bob Downie UK 64 June 16th 06 11:01 PM
please advise on buying a bike Mike Henley General 18 August 8th 04 10:00 PM
Bike lock advise and recommendation David Techniques 2 November 13th 03 12:31 AM
New bike - advise please Lee UK 86 October 12th 03 03:32 PM