Lemme see, what happened to me today....

Old March 2nd 11, 06:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Lemme see, what happened to me today....

Got annihilated by a cyclist on a mountain bike with 29" wheels.

Got talking to a cyclist who caught up to me to ask me how I liked the
"light gears" I was using - it appears that I should be using bigger
gears to build up my strength.

I suppose I should let others have a go at putting up some posts about
their own cycling experiences today/yesterday. I'll shut up for a while
then See yer

Old March 3rd 11, 05:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 3/03/2011 3:09 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lockglock@home on Thu, 03 Mar 2011
05:58:40 +1100, writing in aus.bicycle:

I suppose I should let others have a go at putting up some posts about
their own cycling experiences today/yesterday.

Wednesday I had to visit my Doctor to renew my prescriptions.
My electric trike has 6 mechanical gears that aren't often used, I tend
to use the electric facilities more often.

I think the problem you have with that trike is that you need to
retrofit more gears - 6 gears just don't do it plus you'll look silly in
your Caisse d'Epargne body hugging suit

You should think of retrofitting one of these

http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/gro...R_catid_12.jsp

The thingymagicky hub arrangement on the trike may also have to be
slightly modified - there are some experts in this newsgroup who may be
willing to share their thoughts on it

Next week I'll need to roll the trike out again when I visit the Chemist
and have the prescriptions filled. I get pi**ed off when I'm passed by
pedestrians.

Lowest possible gear, highest possible cadence - or should that be
highest possible gear ratio or .....? Oh, did I mention you need more
gears?

I'll shut up for a while then See yer

Please don't do that, I don't even use the trike for my weekly shopping,
I usually do my grocery shopping on-line. I love reading your posts and
if you shut up for a while you will be missed.

Gosh, it has been a while since I last posted - several hours at least,
ain't it? Oh well, there you go, mate, I've made another post
Old March 3rd 11, 08:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

Erik Vastmasd wrote:

I looked at the above URL which is beyond me.

Glad to see you are still posting though. :-)

Yup, if I ever notice it's been 2 days without a post from Geoff I'll have
to call the police to report a missing person!

(Probably not the AFP thought)

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Old March 3rd 11, 05:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 3/03/2011 5:16 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lockglock@home on Thu, 03 Mar 2011
16:45:47 +1100, writing in aus.bicycle:

On 3/03/2011 3:09 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lockglock@home on Thu, 03 Mar 2011
05:58:40 +1100, writing in aus.bicycle:

I suppose I should let others have a go at putting up some posts about
their own cycling experiences today/yesterday.

Wednesday I had to visit my Doctor to renew my prescriptions.
My electric trike has 6 mechanical gears that aren't often used, I tend
to use the electric facilities more often.

I think the problem you have with that trike is that you need to
retrofit more gears - 6 gears just don't do it plus you'll look silly in
your Caisse d'Epargne body hugging suit

LOL, more likely to be wearing a pair of jeans and a tracksuit top. :-)

Hey, a daggy rider! On yer, mate

Last year I had to put down my Airedale Terrier dog, until then he could
tow the trike faster than the electric motor.

Shame about the dog but that's how it goes, eh? No electric motor could
replace a good dog.

You should think of retrofitting one of these

http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/gro...R_catid_12.jsp

The thingymagicky hub arrangement on the trike may also have to be
slightly modified - there are some experts in this newsgroup who may be
willing to share their thoughts on it

I looked at the above URL which is beyond me.

Hahahah, don't worry about the URL. It was just an 11-speed cogset. If
you could get it to fit your trike, it'd be awesome

Glad to see you are still posting though. :-)

Nothing more than just doing my bit to keep folks talking about cycling
Old March 3rd 11, 06:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 3/03/2011 7:48 PM, BT Humble wrote:
Erik Vastmasd wrote:

I looked at the above URL which is beyond me.

Glad to see you are still posting though. :-)

Yup, if I ever notice it's been 2 days without a post from Geoff I'll have
to call the police to report a missing person!

Come on, I am sure I've been at least 3 days without making a post of
some sort

I do admit that I make lotsa posts but then my excuse is that the amount
of riding I do and the places I ride around in do offer me a lot of
insights and experiences.

Nevertheless, I also find the experiences of others interesting, eg
suzyj's bike, Ken & Stace's experience on the Woodford-Glenbrook track,
Owen's tyre levers, etc etc. Oh and yes, Rob's 150kg bike with the
cranks hidden by the fairing

(Probably not the AFP thought)

Don't think they wanna know about me Had an AFP patrol car drive past
me the day before on Qantas Drive like nothing was going on.