resolution on dead cyclist

Old October 30th 20, 01:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default resolution on dead cyclist

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/whi...-in-australia/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 30th 20, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 6:22:38 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/whi...-in-australia/

I'm sure that Newsie is next. He appears to be the criminal sort. He cannot tell us his age or what he does for a living so he is obviously hiding something.
Old October 30th 20, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 9:22:38 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/whi...-in-australia/

It's good she was finally caught. But I'm still afraid she'll say "I didn't see him" and be told "OK, you can go, but be more
careful next time."

- Frank Krygowski
Old October 30th 20, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 9:58:39 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 9:22:38 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/whi...-in-australia/

It's good she was finally caught. But I'm still afraid she'll say "I didn't see him" and be told "OK, you can go, but be more
careful next time."

She will be convicted of hit-and-run (failure to perform the duties of a driver in Oregon), but if she were sober, "I didn't see him" is a valid defense. Not all negligent conduct is a crime. Zero time is unlikely. I bet she'll do a plea for 30 days jail and 2 years probation, surrender her passport, etc. Something along those lines.

BTW, I can tell you from experience that bodies do not hold up well to dragging. You're probably not going to get an open casket.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 30th 20, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 2:15:13 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 9:58:39 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 9:22:38 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/whi...-in-australia/

It's good she was finally caught. But I'm still afraid she'll say "I didn't see him" and be told "OK, you can go, but be more
careful next time."

She will be convicted of hit-and-run (failure to perform the duties of a driver in Oregon), but if she were sober, "I didn't see him" is a valid defense. Not all negligent conduct is a crime. Zero time is unlikely. I bet she'll do a plea for 30 days jail and 2 years probation, surrender her passport, etc. Something along those lines.

BTW, I can tell you from experience that bodies do not hold up well to dragging. You're probably not going to get an open casket.

I understand "I didn't see him" as a defense against a criminal charge - not that it makes me happy. But absent really irresponsible behavior by the bicyclist or pedestrian, "I didn't see him" should not be a defense against having one's
driver's license taken away for life.

- Frank Krygowski

Cyclist falls off: dead Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 17 May 1st 11 10:35 AM
I thought this cyclist was going to be dead! Derek C UK 9 April 8th 10 12:02 AM
dead cyclist A Muzi Techniques 25 March 16th 08 09:25 PM
Today's dead cyclist Steve UK 10 March 27th 07 06:41 AM
Dead cyclist finally ID'd. Callistus Valerius Racing 5 December 23rd 04 07:54 PM