Cable ends

Old November 3rd 20, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
LF

Default Cable ends

I like to use MardiGras beads. Festive touch, full of flavor, keeps the wires together and removable. Simply heat the cable end till it turns red, then push the plastic bead over the end. The hot cable melts the plastic bead. Later you could heat the cable and slide the bead off. I prefer just cutting it off. Whatever caps your cable! Probably a butane lighter would work to heat the cable. I like small butane torches. Somehow, I've never burned myself while doing this.

On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 1:24:06 PM UTC-4, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Hello all,

am wondering if there would not be a more permanent solution, that would
keep the wires together while still allowing me to remove the cable from
its housing without cutting it.

SOLDERING CABLE ENDS (BARREL) ON STAINLESS STEEL CABLE [email protected] Techniques 5 August 5th 12 11:38 PM
Soldering Cable Ends Llatikcuf Techniques 86 April 3rd 06 10:34 AM
Anodized cable ends mgoony Marketplace 0 June 15th 05 03:55 AM
WTB: Cable ends [email protected] Marketplace 2 June 13th 05 01:49 PM
SOLDERING CABLE ENDS Mike Borean Techniques 60 May 9th 05 09:39 PM