cable cutting while touring.

Old November 4th 05, 11:26 PM
Llatikcuf

Default cable cutting while touring.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
If your cable breaks on a ride, and you're in the middle of no where.
So I bring a spare der cable, but how do you cut them? Typical cable
cutters are too heavy to bring for such an infrequent occurance, so is there
a small light one out there? Or how do you cut it, without a tool?

I've never had that problem. But, I have a pair of 24" bolt cutters I
wear on my back at all times when riding, just in case.

-Nate

Old November 5th 05, 02:55 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Llatikcuf" wrote: (clip) I have a pair of 24" bolt cutters I wear on my
back (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Believe it or not, I have done that. There is a park in Albany, CA, which
is a converted landfill. I was harvesting rusty re-bar, which I took home,
converted to a sculpture, and returned to the park.

Old November 5th 05, 03:18 AM
Llatikcuf

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Llatikcuf" wrote: (clip) I have a pair of 24" bolt cutters I wear on my
back (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Believe it or not, I have done that. There is a park in Albany, CA, which
is a converted landfill. I was harvesting rusty re-bar, which I took home,
converted to a sculpture, and returned to the park.

is it one of these:

http://www.fletcho.com/art/images/p2280002.jpg

or

http://www.dzucker.com/photos.php?pa...ge=albany_bulb

Old November 5th 05, 04:39 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Llatikcuf" wrote: (clip) is it one of theseclip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No, all those pictures were taken before I even discovered the place.
Thanks for the link. It seems to me that most of that art work has
deteriorated or been removed, unfortunately. Of the four pieces that I did,
three have disappeared, and one has been partially removed. I guess I
should be flattered that some people seem to like my work enough to steal
it. I won't be doing any more until I can figure out a way to anchor it
better.

cutting gear cable housing without a Dremel [email protected] Techniques 17 July 12th 05 09:22 AM
Carbon frame with internal cable routing, wear at ingress/egress points? Doug Techniques 4 October 19th 04 05:35 AM
Cable outers. Any colour you like so long as... procerus UK 8 March 13th 04 04:57 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
How to install shifter cable on Ultegra brake/shift lever? Kevin General 5 August 5th 03 05:37 PM