Wanted: Marzocchi Z2 Bomber seals

Old November 2nd 05, 04:32 PM
David

Default Wanted: Marzocchi Z2 Bomber seals

I have a 1997 Marzocchi Z2 Bomber fork that needs seals (the left is leaking
from the top). Anyone have a set of seals they'd like to sell or care to
point me to anyone who does?

Thanks,

David

Ottawa, ON, Canada

Old November 2nd 05, 11:11 PM
B Paton

"David" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 1997 Marzocchi Z2 Bomber fork that needs seals (the left is

leaking
from the top). Anyone have a set of seals they'd like to sell or care to
point me to anyone who does?

Your LBS probably deals with Norco, who distribute parts for Marzocchi in
Canada. The seals are listed in their cataolgue as part 229715-12 for the
30mm diameter, which I think is the correct diameter. You should probably
also do the bushings as well for another $40 in parts. Don't forget to order
new oil as well.

Contact me off-list if your LBS isn't working for you and I can order and
ship to you.

Check here for fork manuals:
http://www.wrower.pl/instrukcje/index.php#Marzocchi

Good luck,
Blake

Old November 5th 05, 01:51 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"B Paton" wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 1997 Marzocchi Z2 Bomber fork that needs seals (the left is

leaking
from the top). Anyone have a set of seals they'd like to sell or care to
point me to anyone who does?

Your LBS probably deals with Norco, who distribute parts for Marzocchi in
Canada. The seals are listed in their cataolgue as part 229715-12 for the
30mm diameter, which I think is the correct diameter. You should probably
also do the bushings as well for another $40 in parts. Don't forget to order
new oil as well.

Contact me off-list if your LBS isn't working for you and I can order and
ship to you.

Check here for fork manuals:
http://www.wrower.pl/instrukcje/index.php#Marzocchi

Another very good alternative is Enduro seals, which many riders swear
by. I bought my set from the Angry Asian, James Huang (angryasian.com),
but if he doesn't have any, this site does:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id20.html

$20 for wipers and seals, can't beat it, and the set I have work great.

I should add that I don't put a huge amount of mileage on my mountain
bike. I've ridden it hard, but not frequently.

Old November 5th 05, 03:03 PM
B Paton

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message news:rcousine- Another
very good alternative is Enduro seals, which many riders swear
by. I bought my set from the Angry Asian, James Huang (angryasian.com),
but if he doesn't have any, this site does:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id20.html

$20 for wipers and seals, can't beat it, and the set I have work great.

Two great sites, lotsa manuals/info for download, too!

I'd forgotten about the Enduro option--too bad they don't have lower-cost
bushings as well. The Marzocchi bushings seem quite expensive for a simple
metal sleeve with a lip, but I don't see anybody else producing them for
less.