Michael J. Vandeman Supports The Direct Pollution of The DelicateUpper Troposphere and Lower Stratosphere

Old February 7th 08, 02:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Michael J. Vandeman Supports The Direct Pollution of The Delicate Upper Troposphere and Lower Stratosphere

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 03:52:09 -0800 (PST), Siskuwihane
wrote:

On Feb 4, 11:58*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:24:38 -0800 (PST), Siskuwihane

wrote:
On Feb 3, 8:17*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 12:45:36 -0800 (PST), Siskuwihane

wrote:
On Feb 3, 2:16*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:34:42 -0800 (PST), Siskuwihane

wrote:
On Feb 1, 8:42*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 05:03:43 -0800 (PST), mike
wrote:

Mike Vandeman;

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but what the hell does your ("pure
habitat") have to do with my winter training?

Probably nothing. Ever hear of a "signature"? It's on every one of my
posts.

If you ever get a chance, come up to Northern Ontario in the spring
time and honk your car horn at the first moose you see on/near the
road.

I don't own a car.

How do you get to the airport to attend "Lectures Given at
International Environmental Conferences"?
Walk?

Interestingly, there are some airports that one can walk to. I walked
to the Adelaide, Australia airport from where I was staying.San
Diego's airport is within walking distance of downtown. I'm sure there
are lots of others.

Only greedy people who have no concern for the enviroment use air
travel. They know full well that jets dump pollution directly in the
upper troposphere and lower stratusphere.

Next time take a sailboat.

"By 2050, carbon-dioxide emissions from airliners are expected to grow
two to 10 times the 1992 level, thanks to increasing air traffic,
according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report co-
authored byDr. Penner. By then, aircraft emissions will have risen to
5 percent of the cause of global warming, IPCC says.

New research suggests the problem could be even bigger. "Contrails can
be called a cause of warming and definitely need to be considered in
climate-change models," says Patrick Minnis, an atmospheric scientist
at Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va., part of the National
Aeronautics and Space Administration."

""Aviation's impact on the environment could be immense. Jet engines
directly emit greenhouse gases by burning kerosene."

Have you ever flown in an airplane, hypocrite?

NO, I never have so calling me a hypocrite is a LIE.

I guess you've never ridden in a motor vehicle, huh, hypocrite?

I drive them all the time but that doesn't make me a hypocrite because
I'm not speaking out against environmental damage like YOU DO.

So you are an environmental rapist, which is much worse than being a
hypocrite.

I can drive, fly, burn raw gas in a barrel in my back yard, dump motor
oil down the sewer and or any number of things that damage the planet.
While some those actions may even be against the law, it would never
make me a hypocrite because I don't go making speaches at
international environmental conferences. It however makes you a liar
and a fake.

Only selfish people fly on jets when they could be taking a SAILBOAT.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 7th 08, 02:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

[...]

YOU are the hypocrite for using a form of travel that is damaging to
the planet when you could be going by SAILBOAT or using conference
calling.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande- Hide quoted text -

Mikey

If we wanted your expert opinion...we would ask it regarding your
specialty...what is that now besides being a true asshole...I believe
it is dietary? ? ?

No, I'm an expert on everything, compared to you.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 7th 08, 02:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Michael J. Vandeman - hypocritical troll

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:02:04 GMT, "JP" wrote:

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
It seems counter intuitive to have people flying to an environmental
conference. Maybe you could push for a more distributed conference,
with local groups getting together to teleconference with other groups
around the world. It would preserve local face-to-face interaction
that reinforces the community aspect, but allow a global audience for
lectures (as well as more flexible timing via recorded playback). VoIP
(video and/or voice) technology could enable discussions of large
size. I believe Focus The Nation got together a webcast on the 31st to
many groups across the nation. Shouldn't be too hard do it several
times a day to a smaller audience.

If it's all about making sacrifices to preserve our life support
systems, then why not lead by example?

ROTFL Great stuff! ROTFL

Pul-eeze.
He's a troll hiding behind an environmental banner.
He's got no real interest in the environment.
He's got no legitimate credentials.
He's done no legitimate research.

As millions of acres and the wilderness and wildlife thereon
are destroyed by mining and drilling and development
he rants about the destructive effects of eighteen inch wide
singletrack.

The only good example he'll make is when his remains become compost.
Until them he is quite useless.

Sorry, none of this excuses your flagrant rape of the environment. You
are fooling NO ONE.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 7th 08, 03:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment
Siskuwihane

On Feb 6, 8:11*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 21:31:44 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
It seems counter intuitive to have people flying to an environmental
conference. Maybe you could push for a more distributed conference,
with local groups getting together to teleconference with other groups
around the world. It would preserve local face-to-face interaction
that reinforces the community aspect, but allow a global audience for
lectures (as well as more flexible timing via recorded playback). VoIP
(video and/or voice) technology could enable discussions of large
size. I believe Focus The Nation got together a webcast on the 31st to
many groups across the nation. Shouldn't be too hard do it several
times a day to a smaller audience.

If it's all about making sacrifices to preserve our life support
systems, then why not lead by example?

I have always made that suggestion, of course. As soon as the
technology is available & affordable, and conference organizers want
to do it, it will happen. Video would present privacy problems.
--

There are no privacy problem using a SAILBOAT, DUH!
Old February 7th 08, 03:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment
Siskuwihane

wrote:

[...]

LIAR! I drive a Honda Insight which is one of the most environmently
friendly cars.

Old February 8th 08, 02:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Biker Hypocrites

wrote:

[...]

A car is still a car, and pollutes the air, pollutes the water,
depletes the ozone layer, causes global warming, and kills people and
animals on the road. People who actually care about the environment
don't own cars.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 8th 08, 02:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Sailboats

wrote:
[...]

Yes, there are. You need a public mooring. I guess you don't own a
sailboat. By the way, most sailboats have motors.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 8th 08, 12:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment
Siskuwihane

Default Enviromental Hypocrites

wrote:

[...]

Or fly around in jets.
Old February 8th 08, 12:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment
Siskuwihane

Default Public transportation

wrote:
[...]

Most public transportation uses internal combustion engines.
Old February 8th 08, 03:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment

wrote:
[...]

What's wrong with a private mooring? Where my family keeps the boats,
moored on private moorings we own holding docks we own, there are no
privacy issues.

Also, "most" sailboats do not have motors. Many do, but "most" do
not.

I know, I know, don't feed the trolls - but I know boats and this one
was too stupid to let pass.