Favorite music while bicycling

Old March 27th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Don Wiss

Default Favorite music while bicycling

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, (Dennis P. Harris) wrote:

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 03:15:40 GMT, JCrowe wrote:

what music do people listen to while cycling

I don't. I'd rather stay alive, thank you. I want to hear the
cagers approaching from the rear, the birds, the dog that's going
to run out and start chasing me, the surf, the beavers splashing
in the pond as they try to dam the culvert and flood the road...

Anyone cycling with headphones on is asking for trouble.

In most states, including my NY, it is illegal to bicycle (or drive) with
two earphones. One is okay, but not two.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old March 27th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Camilo

On Mar 25, 8:53 pm, (Dennis P. Harris)

Anyone cycling with headphones on is asking for trouble.

False
Old March 27th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Camilo

On Mar 26, 3:24 pm, Don Wiss wrote:

In most states, including my NY, it is illegal to bicycle (or drive) with
two earphones. One is okay, but not two.

Is this true - "most" states? It isn't true in mine as far as I can
tell from a quick look at the motorvehicle regs.

Old March 27th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66[_2_]

JCrowe wrote:
Hi Folks,

So, what music do people listen to while cycling? I was
just listening to four Rossini overtures yesterday, William Tell,
The Silken Ladder, The Thieving Magpie and The Barber of Seville
and I thought I'd start this thread. I also like the last Dylan
album and JJ Cale/Eric Clapton latest as well. Anybody else?

Whatever's going on in my head, probably something classical. Don't use
radio or iPod while riding, but listen to XM much of the rest of the time.
Old March 28th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Patrick Lamb

wrote:
Hi Folks,

So, what music do people listen to while cycling? I was
just listening to four Rossini overtures yesterday, William Tell,
The Silken Ladder, The Thieving Magpie and The Barber of Seville
and I thought I'd start this thread. I also like the last Dylan
album and JJ Cale/Eric Clapton latest as well. Anybody else?

Horn concertos.

Email address works as is.
Old March 28th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Mar 26, 8:58*am, JCrowe wrote:
Dennis P. Harris wrote:
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 03:15:40 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, JCrowe
wrote:

what music do people listen to while cycling

I don't. *I'd rather stay alive, thank you. *I want to hear the
cagers approaching from the rear, the birds, the dog that's going
to run out and start chasing me, the surf, the beavers splashing
in the pond as they try to dam the culvert and flood the road...

Anyone cycling with headphones on is asking for trouble.

* * So much for the hope that the neo-Puritans would just leave
this alone.

It's against the law. Being a libertarian idiot doesn't make you above
the law, just an idiot.
Old March 28th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Don Wiss

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Camilo wrote:

On Mar 26, 3:24 pm, Don Wiss wrote:

In most states, including my NY, it is illegal to bicycle (or drive) with
two earphones. One is okay, but not two.

Is this true - "most" states? It isn't true in mine as far as I can
tell from a quick look at the motorvehicle regs.

You didn't tell us what state you are in.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old March 28th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
JCrowe

landotter wrote:
wrote:
what music do people listen to while cycling
I don't. I'd rather stay alive, thank you. I want to hear the
cagers approaching from the rear, the birds, the dog that's going
to run out and start chasing me, the surf, the beavers splashing
in the pond as they try to dam the culvert and flood the road...
Anyone cycling with headphones on is asking for trouble.

So much for the hope that the neo-Puritans would just leave
this alone.

It's against the law. Being a libertarian idiot doesn't make you above
the law, just an idiot.

Noise filter engaged...
Old March 28th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Mar 27, 8:35*pm, JCrowe wrote:
landotter wrote:
wrote:
what music do people listen to while cycling
I don't. *I'd rather stay alive, thank you. *I want to hear the
cagers approaching from the rear, the birds, the dog that's going
to run out and start chasing me, the surf, the beavers splashing
in the pond as they try to dam the culvert and flood the road...
Anyone cycling with headphones on is asking for trouble.
* * So much for the hope that the neo-Puritans would just leave
this alone.

It's against the law. Being a libertarian idiot doesn't make you above
the law, just an idiot.

Noise filter engaged...

Yeah--same filter that ignores the clear law in the Tennessee driver's
manual which is downloadable via PDF and clearly states that you
should not wear phones.

Joseph Crowe is a clown that posts to the local group--always with a
libertarian slant to serve his holier than thou ego. It's not about
politics, he's just better than you. **** public safety--if he wants
to listen to Mahler, he wants to listen to Mahler.
Old March 28th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul O

wrote:

Hi Folks,

So, what music do people listen to while cycling? I was
just listening to four Rossini overtures yesterday, William Tell,
The Silken Ladder, The Thieving Magpie and The Barber of Seville
and I thought I'd start this thread. I also like the last Dylan
album and JJ Cale/Eric Clapton latest as well. Anybody else?

Horn concertos.

Email address works as is.

Followed by a selection from Skid Rock...

http://putty.imeem.com/music/IbnUMSx0/skid_rock_18_and_life/

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)