Huret info?

Old February 3rd 17, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Huret info?

In a discussion today I wondered if either of the Huret
brothers Roger and Alain were still alive. Internet proved
fruitless. My net-savvy employee also came up empty. There
are a slew of patent filings but nothing about either man I
could find. For sorta-famous people, there's no wiki even.

Anyone know?
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 4th 17, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

read reference within one of the deray museum sites ?

ask SRAM

Old February 4th 17, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pagesblanches/r/alain.huret
Old February 4th 17, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 7:17:03 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pagesblanches/r/alain.huret

goo.gl/NeiHDV

local noise sez both are deceased and for some time now ....on the beach there's a wide spectrum of experience...
Old February 4th 17, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

chicken Tuscany for dinner

why doahn the spell checker cap chicken ?

FU

Chicken Tuscany

Old February 4th 17, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

AMuzi wrote:
:In a discussion today I wondered if either of the Huret
:brothers Roger and Alain were still alive. Internet proved
:fruitless. My net-savvy employee also came up empty. There
:are a slew of patent filings but nothing about either man I
:could find. For sorta-famous people, there's no wiki even.

:Anyone know?

Five seconds searching found a 1985 patent granted to Roger Huret,
deceased, Alain P.B Huret, legal representative and Gerard Huret legal
rep. number 4493489

--
sig 25
Old February 4th 17, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 8:47:00 PM UTC-5, David Scheidt wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
:In a discussion today I wondered if either of the Huret
:brothers Roger and Alain were still alive. Internet proved
:fruitless. My net-savvy employee also came up empty. There
:are a slew of patent filings but nothing about either man I
:could find. For sorta-famous people, there's no wiki even.

:Anyone know?

Five seconds searching found a 1985 patent granted to Roger Huret,
deceased, Alain P.B Huret, legal representative and Gerard Huret legal
rep. number 4493489

--
sig 25

get a watch for Christmas ?
Old February 4th 17, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 01:46:58 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt
wrote:

AMuzi wrote:
:In a discussion today I wondered if either of the Huret
:brothers Roger and Alain were still alive. Internet proved
:fruitless. My net-savvy employee also came up empty. There
:are a slew of patent filings but nothing about either man I
:could find. For sorta-famous people, there's no wiki even.

:Anyone know?

Five seconds searching found a 1985 patent granted to Roger Huret,
deceased, Alain P.B Huret, legal representative and Gerard Huret legal
rep. number 4493489

Searching on "Roger and Alain Huret" shows a patent filed in 1981:

Speedometer/odometer
Patent number: D277367
Type: Grant
Filed: September 14, 1981
Date of Patent: January 29, 1985
Assignee: Huret et ses Fils, a French "societe anonyme"
Inventors: Roger Huret, deceased, by Jeannine P. G. M. Huret, heir, by
Alain Huret, heir, by Gerard Huret, heir
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 4th 17, 03:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-02-03 15:55, AMuzi wrote:
In a discussion today I wondered if either of the Huret brothers Roger
and Alain were still alive. Internet proved fruitless. My net-savvy
employee also came up empty. There are a slew of patent filings but
nothing about either man I could find. For sorta-famous people, there's
no wiki even.

Anyone know?

No idea. I think the founder (their dad) was a nephew of old-time racing
cyclist Constant Huret. Andre had a third son working there, Jacques,
see link below.

If they have passed away which is likely there may be some cemetery
records in Nanterre or in Chepy dans la Somme.

Here is a blast from the past:

http://histoire-nanterre.org/wp-cont...NI_SHN_238.pdf

I had a mechanical Huret speedometer once. It was kind of special in
that it pegged at 70km/h instead of the usual 60km/h. Must be a nod to
the racing history of the Huret family.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old February 5th 17, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 10:56:20 AM UTC-5, Joerg wrote:
On 2017-02-03 15:55, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

the last time we did this someone called the telephone I found. Was a Huret relative who said....