Two peoples separated by a common language

Old February 5th 21, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Two peoples separated by a common language

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 3:51:03 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/4/2021 5:02 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 2:10:50 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 2:31:22 PM UTC, Ade wrote:
On 03/02/2021 19:36, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 9:40:03 AM UTC-8, Ade wrote:

.... electric scooters seem to be becoming very
popular in London. I must admit I quite fancy one.
.
Bonus points for running over an 80 year-old pregnant nun on your electric scooterscooter. Double bonus points for running a pusher for John Forester's arid Vehicular Cycling dream, which would irresistibly lead to state control of cycling.

Andre Jute
Just saying.

Come on Andre, you're killing me. Forester never seem to get it. The basic idea was fine but as usual with his type, he had to take it to extremes.. I am sure that he himself did NOT ride like his book claimed. I did a quick 32 miles with only 1300 feet of climbing and the traffic was almost as bad as before the lockdown. Made me remember why I've been doing slightly shorter but more climbing on horrible back roads. I've got in 300 miles and almost 11,000 feet of climbing despite this damn lockdown and rather poor California weather. I wait to start until after 9 and it was still 46F degrees out. It ended at 57 degrees. During this time I ran stop signs everywhere when it was clear and on three of these occasions it was directly in front of the cops who didn't even blink. Of course this being California they've probably passed a law about the cops blinking.

We now have a President who is so sure of his position that he has 15,000 Soldiers in the Capital, he has done nothing since entering office but write dictatorial orders to counter all of the good things that Trump accomplished. The entire Democrat side of Congress is scared ****less of allowing those soldiers to actually have weapons in the rather certain fear that they would turn on the Democrats and wipe every last one of them off of the face of the Earth. They have called out all of the Secret Service to protect the Democrats who are shivering in fear from the things they are responsible for.

This erstwhile 'president' has nothing to do with it. Ms
Pelosi brags that it was her idea under her order. See also
US Constitution, Art II, Sec 2.

Well, am under no belief that Biden is responsible for his actions and we know that neither is Pelosi. Exactly who is running this show is questionable.

Old February 5th 21, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 7:29:28 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 2:10:50 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 2:31:22 PM UTC, Ade wrote:
On 03/02/2021 19:36, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 9:40:03 AM UTC-8, Ade wrote:

.... electric scooters seem to be becoming very
popular in London. I must admit I quite fancy one.

.
Bonus points for running over an 80 year-old pregnant nun on your electric scooterscooter. Double bonus points for running a pusher for John Forester's arid Vehicular Cycling dream, which would irresistibly lead to state control of cycling.

Andre Jute
Just saying.

If an 80 year old nun is pregnant, perhaps God wants her to be smote by an escooter.

Note: there is state control of cycling, assuming you're doing it on a road, even in Ireland.

-- Jay Beattie

Only if the state is truly in control. Isn't that what "Freedom" is"
Old February 6th 21, 02:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

Default OT: The Illusion of Freedome. Two peoples separated by a commonlanguage

On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 11:05:01 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 7:29:28 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:

Note: there is state control of cycling, assuming you're doing it on a
road, even in Ireland.

-- Jay Beattie

Only if the state is truly in control. Isn't that what "Freedom" is"

It became illussionary when Homo sapiens started families, worsen under
'tribes' and has been going downhill ever since.

Old February 6th 21, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 9:23:01 AM UTC, Ade wrote:
On 04/02/2021 22:10, Andre Jute wrote:

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 2:31:22 PM UTC, Ade wrote:
On 03/02/2021 19:36, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 9:40:03 AM UTC-8, Ade wrote:

.... electric scooters seem to be becoming very
popular in London. I must admit I quite fancy one.

.
Bonus points for running over an 80 year-old pregnant nun on your electric scooterscooter. Double bonus points for running a pusher for John Forester's arid Vehicular Cycling dream, which would irresistibly lead to state control of cycling.

Andre Jute
Just saying.

Just saying what?

Just saying a saying. If your first language isn't English, I can offer a translation, or an explanation, as the case may be.

In a city it is safer to adopt aspects of vehicular
cycling.

We all take the lane when required by riding condition and motor alertness. The problem isn't with a few select principles of vehicular cycling, it is with fascist morons like Franki-boy Krygowski who want to enforce the whole dangerous panoply of Forester's wet dream on every cyclist.

It's not the same as riding in the middle lane of a motorway.

Indeed not. But I'm not the one you have to convince. You need to work on the clowns like Krygowski who wants cyclists to prove their Faith in Forester by committing mass suicide contesting the highways with big trailer trucks.

And what's wrong with electric scooters?

You're the one saying there's something wrong with them. I have an electric bike.

Andre Jute
Charisma is
Old February 6th 21, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 3:29:28 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

..
Oh, crap, Jay. You know what I mean. And if you intend continuing to wear the Dunce's Cap -- which BTW suits you just fine -- pray first show me where I go to get a license for my bike or another license to operate it.

Andre Jute
How many lawyers does it take to confuse a motorcar with a bicycle?
Old February 7th 21, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 2:17:06 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Considering the way they act in America it's no surprise that they are butt of very many jokes.

The peoples £50 million - vote Duncan Smith UK 10 December 2nd 07 10:28 PM
Separated at birth? Jason Spaceman Racing 4 August 29th 06 11:00 PM
Separated at Birth? Steven L. Sheffield Racing 3 July 23rd 06 09:41 PM
Separated at Birth drmofe Racing 3 July 5th 05 11:46 PM
Recommendations? - Training "Other Peoples" Dogs Not To Chase Matt O'Toole General 72 May 16th 05 03:35 PM