Eddy Merckx Elite

Old March 14th 21, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Eddy Merckx Elite

On Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 1:24:06 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 1:13:11 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 10:10:56 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Tell everyone here why Jeff isn't carrying dozens of patents on
his designs? Why do you not even have a passing understanding
of business?

All you have to do is ask. I've never designed anything that was
deemed patentable by my employers. There were a few that might have
been patentable, but most of my designs were applications of existing
technology. The most innovative thing I designed was to convert a
bundle of cables between the old Intech M360 direction finder, to a
single coax cable for the USCG AN/SRD-22 direction finder.
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/AN-SRD-22/
There were some discussions about patenting that idea, but since the
marine radio division of Intech had no experience, time, or funds for
obtaining a patent, it was decided not to patent it. The rest of the
industry eventually copied my idea. I also designed a low distortion
two-tone SSB test generator, which might have been patentable.
However, since this was never intended to be anything beyond a tool
for marine radio dealers, it was decided not to patent it.

The rest of my "design" work after about 1981(?) was fixing and
cleaning up other engineers designs. Mostly, it was damage control
caused by key people leaving the company, failed deadlines, internal
politics, and management failures. None of the designs I introduced
would be considered innovative. At the same time, I was supplementing
my income fixing computers and doing consulting, neither of which
involved patents. I did get involved in two patent infringement
cases, but it wasn't over anything I had designed.

Now, I have a question. Why do you believe that having a patent
portfolio constitutes an indication of superior competence in
determining whether you know anything about heart-lung machines?
Expanding the question, why do you seem to believe that competence in
an unrelated field somehow confers competence in the current topic of
discussion? This is a persistent theme in your postings and is a
monumental waste of everyone's time.

What was the exact name of the company where you designed the
heart-lung machine and over what period did you work for them so I fit
it into your resume timeline.

BTW, nice change of topic.

My designs aren't patentable since they are the ideas and property of my employers. That Jay is saying something like that gives me extremely strong doubts that he is a lawyer as he has claimed to be. It isn't as if that is rocket science or as if Werner Von Braun could patent the liquid fueled rocket.

Gawdamighty. Your designs are patentable if they're patentable. It doesn't matter who you're working for. That simply dictates who OWNS the patent rights. You still get credit as the inventor even if your rights are assigned to the employer. And even if you are not named as an inventor because you weren't, and even if you do not own the patent, you should be able to point to the patents for your inventions/designs/devices. Go look them up at the USTPO.

Inventing something new is like giving birth to a child. You have birth records, unless it was some sort of home-birth ******* left in the baby hatch.. In the case of a new invention -- like your first-of-its kind heart lung machine -- that birth certificate is a patent, at least as to some parts of the device. I would think that a CPB machine that thumps like a heart would be a unique, patentable device.

And with medical devices, you have a whole layer of FDA approval that leaves a footprint you can go retrace. Start here. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scrip...TextSearch.cfm See if any of your employers got a device approved under the MDA.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old March 14th 21, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Well, GEEZ Jay, then you should come down to Silicon Valley and get stinking rich making 100,000 engineers owners of money making patents. By the way, why isn't anyone doing that?

On another less mind-bogglingly dead topic, When you told me that BB386EVO bottom brackets required an adapter I should have listened and looked more carefully at the parts I was buying. I FINALY got that plastic BB out with a whole lot of sweat. The Zitto looks almost identical to a Wheels manufacturing and for $31 vs $115 plus tax. Zitto does make one that fits either a 25 mm (Campy Ultradrive) or 24 mm Shimano using the proper sized bearings and not adapters. When I got that plastic POS installed it all looked OK but the crank tipped back and forth. When I used the bearing press to tighten the cranks against the adapters it locked the cranks. So Wheels manufacturing would be better but I can afford the Nitto right now since I'm trying to build two bikes at once now.

Two people emailed me on my Craigslist postings but as usual they didn't return any emails. One of them certainly had the money since he had homeowners and his Madone had been stolen and my Emonda is for sale for less than the replacement of a new Madone with top of the line parts. Oh, that's right, you prefer to put Tiagra on your Madone.
Old March 14th 21, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Op zondag 14 maart 2021 om 21:59:21 UTC+1 schreef jbeattie:

Gawdamighty. Your designs are patentable if they're patentable. It doesn't matter who you're working for. That simply dictates who OWNS the patent rights. You still get credit as the inventor even if your rights are assigned to the employer. And even if you are not named as an inventor because you weren't, and even if you do not own the patent, you should be able to point to the patents for your inventions/designs/devices. Go look them up at the USTPO.

That is correct. Working in a R&D department it is my job to 'invent' things. All the rights go to my firm but my name is always on the patent. I'm not Einstein but even I have my name on 10-20 patents. With your search skills you can find them.

Lou

Old March 14th 21, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

Its the employers who are becoming rich, and the engineers just show up as inventors -- although some own patents, and many employers pay a flat bonus for patentable inventions or give some other consideration for knocking out patentable inventions. At least that is the way it works with my friends..

On another less mind-bogglingly dead topic, When you told me that BB386EVO bottom brackets required an adapter I should have listened and looked more carefully at the parts I was buying. I FINALY got that plastic BB out with a whole lot of sweat. The Zitto looks almost identical to a Wheels manufacturing and for $31 vs $115 plus tax. Zitto does make one that fits either a 25 mm (Campy Ultradrive) or 24 mm Shimano using the proper sized bearings and not adapters. When I got that plastic POS installed it all looked OK but the crank tipped back and forth. When I used the bearing press to tighten the cranks against the adapters it locked the cranks. So Wheels manufacturing would be better but I can afford the Nitto right now since I'm trying to build two bikes at once now.

Yikes, what on earth are you doing? A bearing press to tighten the cranks against the adapters? I don't get that. If this is a Shimano crank, you just have the plastic preload cap to press on the crank.

You press in the PF386BB; you put on the adapters; you insert the crank; attach the left arm, and apply enough preload to the cap to prevent rocking -- as Lou mentions, enough to pick up a beer can which is maybe 3nm. If the cranks are locked, you have too much preload.

Two people emailed me on my Craigslist postings but as usual they didn't return any emails. One of them certainly had the money since he had homeowners and his Madone had been stolen and my Emonda is for sale for less than the replacement of a new Madone with top of the line parts. Oh, that's right, you prefer to put Tiagra on your Madone.

Are you talking to me? I don't own a Madone.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old March 14th 21, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Op zondag 14 maart 2021 om 23:16:28 UTC+1 schreef jbeattie:

Its the employers who are becoming rich, and the engineers just show up as inventors -- although some own patents, and many employers pay a flat bonus for patentable inventions or give some other consideration for knocking out patentable inventions. At least that is the way it works with my friends.

We get 1000 euro if your the only inventor which is rare ( we work in teams), 750 euro with 2 people and 500 with 3 or more. Why do you think I can afford my nice bikes? ;-)

Lou
Old March 15th 21, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Yup, you got it right that time... "My designs aren't patentable"

You poor ignorant fool, Of course your "designs" weren't patentable,
after all what's patentable about a push broom?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old March 15th 21, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 10:10:56 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 9:30:23 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 9:09:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 2:52:37 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 6:36:21 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 7:17:40 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 3/11/2021 12:43 PM, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op donderdag 11 maart 2021 om 17:09:32 UTC+1 schreef Frank Krygowski:
On 3/10/2021 9:43 PM, John B. wrote:

Well there is the debate about the gravel and CX bikes but here,
essentially, all the roads, or at least all the roads I see, are
paved. I've been riding 23mm tires since I switched from "sew-ups".
I think the narrowest tires ever used for more than a short time were
25mm. I've spent most of my road riding time on 28s, some on 32s, a bit
on 35s or 37s when doing loaded touring.

It seems the latest data indicates the super narrow tires have no lower
rolling resistance than similarly constructed wider tires, unless you're
on a surface as smooth as a velodrome track. And wider tires tend to be
less flat prone and more comfortable.

That is a too simple conclusion. I mentioned this earlier:

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance...000-comparison
Well, there are always more details one can consider. Care to summarize
which further details you think need mention?
Well. I designed the first full time working heart-lung machine and the respiratory gas analyzer both of which you will no doubt make use of in the very near future. From you comments you nearly have a heart attack when you make your unfounded assertions and it turns out that I have wide experience in those fields and can see you for the fool you are.
No you did not design the first full-time working heart-lung machine. CBPs have been around for 50 years, and no, not just machines that function for a few minutes. Read this book: https://www.amazon.com/King-Hearts-M.../dp/0609807242 It's a great read -- and you will learn that CBPs capable of use in complex heart surgeries were working reliably in the 1960s -- when you were changing oil on airplanes. Recall Christiaan Barnard? 1967 . . . heart transplant?

If you did anything noteworthy, you would have patents, and from my brief research of the USTPO filings, you don't have even one. I just wrapped up a ride with a guy who has maybe 50. I think he gets a patent every time he folds a piece of paper. Anybody who did what you claim would have patent royalties up the yin-yang or at least inventor credits.
Jay, what do you know about heart lung machines, and engineering or the medical facts behind them. I will wait for you to concoct a really good line.

Tom, answer the question. How did you design a machine that was in regular use since the 1960s? Did you develop a new iteration, like one with casters on it? Your pomposity is staggering and yet you can point to nothing with your name on it. Even my dad had patents, and he was just tinkering in the garage after his day job as a pharmacist and chemist. https://patents.google.com/patent/US2792247 I mean really. If you developed anything noteworthy, you would have an inventor credit. There is no corroboration whatsoever of any of your claims apart from your own statements. How are we to judge the truth of anything you say?

Tell everyone here why Jeff isn't carrying dozens of patents on his designs? Why do you not even have a passing understanding of business?

What has Jeff got to do with the fact that there is no proof
whatsoever that you ever invented anything... Excepting, of course,
your resume which definitely is a example of your rather amazing
capability to invent things.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old March 16th 21, 01:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

The reason that I made so much money is because I was never about to make the stupid ass claims that you, Frank, Jeff and Jay attribute to me. I NEVER said that I invented ****. I said I designed and programmed devices that were the ideas and inventions of someone else's. While we're at it, I realized that $100,000 was a BUY, That means that there is at LEAST that amount in that account and likely more. So again, just that one account that I don't even remember is worth more than your entire life.

Not one of you have the brains that God gave a goat. And in Jeff's case around him goats are probably nervous like they are around Afghanis'.
Old March 17th 21, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

"I made so much money"??

And yet, from your own posts:
You still live in your mother's house, apparently never have been able
to buy your own. You have problems paying for groceries. You live in a
slum area with guns going Bang! all night. It is a high crime area and
it is necessary for you to have a firearm for protection. And I
believe that I have read that even your good self has been arrested.

And yet Frank is retired and even picked, from his description, a
small pleasant village to retire in. Jeff has so much money that he
changes houses like tiddly-winks and Jay.... well jest just say in
Jay's defense, "did you ever see a poor lawyer?"

So there you are, a down and outer, a penny-ante sort of bloke, living
in a hell hole and you want to brag about your money?

Silly boy.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old March 17th 21, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 7:33:25 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 06:47:23 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich

And yet, from your own posts:
You still live in your mother's house, apparently never have been able
to buy your own.

John B.

Well, to stick up for Tom, he does live in California, in the SF Bay area. And I suspect since the time his momma bought a house, house prices have increased by 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 times. So I'm guessing its probably impossible for almost everyone except Mark Zuckerberg to buy a house out there. And all the kids live in their momma's basements. Except southern California where they build houses without basements. There the kids have to live in the garage or gardening shed. Or maybe a Muammar Gaddafi tent in the backyard.

Eddy Merckx?? cciaffone[_3_] Marketplace 0 August 8th 12 05:34 PM
Eddy Merckx EX-1 62 cm Tom Kunich Marketplace 1 August 20th 08 06:38 PM
Eddy Merckx SC team frame, fork, Campagnolo hidden headset & Merckx seatpost clamp [email protected] Marketplace 0 September 13th 06 02:46 AM
Eddy Merckx Steve McGinty Racing 10 October 14th 04 03:40 AM
GP Eddy Merckx Colin Boyd Racing 3 August 23rd 04 07:01 PM