Biden Falls Down Multiple Times

Old March 23rd 21, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Biden Falls Down Multiple Times

On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 10:13:24 PM UTC, wrote:
On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 12:52:17 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 5:09:07 PM UTC, Roger Merriman wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 5:43:02 PM UTC, Roger Merriman wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...e-one-n2586562

This is what the Donkey Party did to make America the world leader in
elder abuse. How do you plead, Jay Beattie?

Seems to be the plane and speed that they walk up it, so they can turn and
wave, number of clips of different folks who have done similar including
Mike Pence, considering the age of most it’s frankly surprising there isn’t
more!

Roger Merriman.

Mike Pence looks pretty fit, but Joe Biden looks "starved for appearance"
like he's hollowed out from the inside. I must admit thought that, before
the 2016 election campaign, I wouldn't have chosen Donald Trump as my bet
in a fitness campaign. Maybe I've just too many friends in the medical
profession who're given to tapping total strangers on the midriff and
telling them to slack off the carbs and crank up the exercise. -- AJ

Talking of Trump most impressive really would be Melania, who managed it in
heels and clutching a handbag!

Roger Merriman

Until Donald Trump got to be a president posterity will treat a lot more kindly than the clowns in the contemporary mainstream media, Melania was altogether the most impressive thing about him, and I don't mean as arm candy, I mean him winning and keeping the loyalty of a woman like that. I've always found it a sound practice to give men brownie points for the character of the women who love them. And it has to be said, Trump's children are also pretty impressive. If he had remained a Democrat, as he was most of his life, the Trump family would have been the new Jack & Jackie and their adorable kids and Washington would have been Camelot instead of "mostly peaceful".

Let's see what occurs in the next election. Let's see if, like the Democrats are trying to do - pass a totally unconstitutional bill to federalize elections. At this point either the
Supreme Court throws this out or it becomes time for the civil war.

..
If there's some kind of a secession or other form of split-up, I imagine California will choose that moment to go its own way altogether. At a more personal level, you'll have to move below the Mason-Dixon line, at a minimum; probably further South. Mexico will probably try to grab California back.... Joking aside, such a split in what is still, just, the world's hegemony, would have a whole lot of unforseeable consequences.

Andre Jute
Too much excitement for the world.
Old March 23rd 21, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 11:56:14 PM UTC, Roger Merriman wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

What do you suppose has more traction - men's dress shoes that have a
smooth leather bottoms or a woman's heals that are designed specifically
to have a LOT of traction?

While dress shoes are indeed a bit slippy, stilettos being grippy is a bit
of push to be honest!

Generally folks who where them tend say good for looking gorgeous but not
walking or even standing!

Roger Merman

..
I agree with Tom. Check the angle of that staircase; consider its ergonomics. Women's high heels may have huge pressure under the small area of the heel, but in this case it is irrelevant because the angle of the stairway encourages both men and women to walk up it on the balls of their feet, with the heel very likely not coming into play. In that case, I'd rather have the front part of a woman's shoe, with rubber, perhaps ribbed or treaded, under me, than slippery men's plain leather.

Andre Jute
If only Dr Kinsey were alive today!
Old March 23rd 21, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

How do you suppose a woman can walk on those things without breaking an ankle? Ask you wife.
Old March 23rd 21, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

.
I agree with Tom. Check the angle of that staircase; consider its
ergonomics. Women's high heels may have huge pressure under the small
area of the heel, but in this case it is irrelevant because the angle of
the stairway encourages both men and women to walk up it on the balls of
their feet, with the heel very likely not coming into play. In that case,
I'd rather have the front part of a woman's shoe, with rubber, perhaps
ribbed or treaded, under me, than slippery men's plain leather.

Andre Jute
If only Dr Kinsey were alive today!

In the clip I’ve seen at least she was walking down it, but either way the
soles of stilettos as apposed to purely heeled shoes, are smooth though not
leather, and yes gripper than the leather soles of a dress shoe, but a long
way from grippy!

It’s why you can buy grippy soles, to be added etc.

Which is fair as most folks are going to sit/stand in them, rather than
walk in them for any length of time.

Roger Merriman

Old March 24th 21, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Once upon a time you were expected to dance in your dress shoes and at my last high school reunion I seemed to be the only one that knew how to dance.
Old March 24th 21, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

The Vibram tm on the soles of the best hillwalking boots I ever had were pretty nearly smooth yet still worked brilliantly in situations where grip was an existential requirement. But I'm afraid that just about exhausts my knowledge of shoe-sole materials. I always took one of the really committed climbers with me when I bought gear, and on the whole was well served by buying what he considered aspirational, especially when I took my turn on the rescue helicopter, from which you could be dropped into the sort of situation that you would never otherwise put yourself into. After a life of bizarre events, I'm probably alive because I'm cautious to the verge of cowardice. To return to Biden's tumbles, if I were the commander-in-chief, I'd tell the Air Force, whose planes those presidential flights are, to get stairways more considerate of my age and dignity, or, even more suitable to both, a mechanical hoist from which I can just walk through the door of the plane. -- AJ
Old March 24th 21, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

True, but business shoes for men had either full rubber heels or at least the rear part of the heel was rubber. Full leather heels were for patent leather pumps, for dancing, or for evening shoes that you weren't expected to walk far in. It seems to me it was generally accepted back then that leather underfoot is pretty dangerous. There were also sticky rubbers that could be stuck under leather soles for safety and longer wear. -- AJ
Old March 24th 21, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwuwaDBldpQ
Old March 24th 21, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 11:48:43 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

True, but business shoes for men had either full rubber
heels or at least the rear part of the heel was rubber.
Full leather heels were for patent leather pumps, for
dancing, or for evening shoes that you weren't expected
to walk far in. It seems to me it was generally accepted
back then that leather underfoot is pretty dangerous.

I did a frame-by-frame stop motion of the video at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwjmyZUA2O8
This frame shows the sole and heel of the left shoe.
https://youtu.be/rwjmyZUA2O8?t=11
Looks like leather sole and rubber heel. However, it doesn't matter
whether the heel is leather or rubber. The stairs have a rather steep
tread to riser ratio. If you watch when he climbs further up the
stairs, only a small part of the heel touches the tread. With a
narrow tread, slippery red rug, slippery leather soles, trying to
climb too fast, and lack of practice, climbing such steep stairs will
be a problem for anyone.

There were also sticky rubbers that could be stuck under
leather soles for safety and longer wear. -- AJ

Galoshes?
https://www.google.com/search?q=galoshes&tbm=isch
Cleats?
https://www.google.com/search?q=cleats&tbm=isch
Crampons?
https://www.google.com/search?q=crampons&tbm=isch
Slip resistant shoe covers?
https://www.google.com/search?q=slip+resistant+shoe+covers&tbm=isch

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old March 24th 21, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

or maybe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKG5F1VkZGY