New RIm wheel rebuild

Old March 28th 21, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default New RIm wheel rebuild

On 3/28/2021 11:58 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 8:50:04 AM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:
On 25/03/2021 03:22, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 7:04:35 PM UTC-7,
wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 05:52:02 +0700, John B.
wrote:
Try https://sheldonbrown.com/ for the answers to just about any
bicycleing question you need to ask. As in
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html
Also see: The Bicycle Wheel 3rd edition by Jobst Brandt
https://www.google.com/search?q=the+bicycle+wheel+jobst+brandt+3rd+editio n

The parts I liked were the calculations, equations, testing, theory,
etc. The 3rd edition was published in 1993, which suggests that it
doesn't include anything on disk wheels, carbon fiber, or
modeling.

I bought the first edition. The wheels had wooden spokes, and there
was a section on elm versus ash felloes.
https://previews.123rf.com/images/oh...den-wheels.jpg
There is a great chapter on gluing and screwing spokes.

Those spokes are all under compression and they were having the argument
as to whether the rim sat on the top spoke or not....

I think you mean that spokes are always under tension of they are set up properly.

Wooden wheel, Tom.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 29th 21, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

There you go again...

A wooden wheel, unless it is some anomaly, always has the spokes under
compression. That's what the "tire" does.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Wheel rebuild Mark Horner Techniques 1 September 1st 15 09:53 PM
XTR Wheel Rebuild mtbmac Techniques 8 April 1st 07 01:02 PM
New spoke or rebuild wheel bc2502 Techniques 15 July 5th 06 03:29 PM
wheel rebuild cost? Erin Unicycling 4 March 22nd 05 09:14 AM
rebuild wheel or not? Chris Zacho The Wheelman Techniques 21 August 5th 04 03:08 PM