Going cheap

Old March 2nd 04, 10:29 AM
Richard

Default Going cheap

Spotted this on ebay whats it worth do you think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=57 2
57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Old March 2nd 04, 11:17 AM
Paul - xxx

Richard posted ...

Spotted this on ebay whats it worth do you think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=57 2
57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

They can be bought, or at least very similar ones can, brand new for about
£50 ish at yourt local Motorworld type shop .. I have seen them going in
'sales' for less than £40

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Old March 2nd 04, 11:31 AM
2LAP

Richard wrote:
Spotted this on ebay whats it worth do you think.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...71075&categor-
y=572http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663471075&ca-
tegory=572 57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Probably would retail at £50 to £80 (a complete guess)

But isn't the value based upon what its use will be? If the use will b
anything more than a weekly ride to get a Sunday moring paper I'd sa
its value is about 20p

-

Old March 2nd 04, 02:47 PM
Mark Thompson

Spotted this on ebay whats it worth do you think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=57 2
57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Definately what it's worth. IMHO cheap grotty bikes are great for slow trundlers
and kids - slow trundlers will never really notice the bike is not all that
great and kids grow so fast/leave it unlocked outside the shops so often that
they'll never have the bike long enough to really notice its deficiencies. Also
remember - the heavier and more inefficient the bike, the better the workout!
It's also less likely to get nicked.

---

Old March 2nd 04, 02:59 PM
Dave Larrington

Richard wrote:
Spotted this on ebay whats it worth do you think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=57 2
57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

I dinly recall an episode of "The Goodies" in which, starving, they were
obliged to auction the trandem, receiving in return a can of baked beans.
The above may just about reach the same value, provided that:

1. it's a small can, of
2. supermarket own-brand beans

/bike_snob

;-)

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old March 2nd 04, 04:23 PM
MartinM

2LAP wrote in message .. .
Richard wrote:
Spotted this on ebay whats it worth do you think.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...71075&categor-
y=572http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663471075&ca-
tegory=572 57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Probably would retail at £50 to £80 (a complete guess).

But isn't the value based upon what its use will be? If the use will be
anything more than a weekly ride to get a Sunday moring paper I'd say
its value is about 20p.

My LBS had a flyer on the floor from a bike trade sale, bikes like
that for £17.50 + vat each as long as you bought 6, which gives you an
indication of their actual value.
The strange thing about these ultra budget bikes is that when they
first appeared they all had chromed steel rims and alloy hubs, now
it's the reverse.