Crash,T-boned a car on Saturday. Anybody have these thoughts?

Old November 4th 04, 01:34 AM

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:50:57 -0500, Badger_South
wrote:

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:37:09 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:08:32 -0500, Badger_South
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:28:59 -0500,
wrote:

You: poster grrrrl for Tough Chick on a bike.

-B
me: in awe

LOL, I'll take that as a compliment!

Well, yeah!

However, you should have seen me on my first ride after recovery. It
was two months after the surgery, late in april. I knew I would have
to go very slow and easy, so all I did was get on the bike path and go
35k. Needless to say,I didn't go very fast either. I was surprised

Uh, think you have a mis-print there. It looks like you typed 35Kilometers,
as in 21 miles. No way you could have ridden that far after major abdominal
surgery. Right?

that I was able to go that far. I just totally ran out of gas,
though.I had no idea I'd get so pooped! I did not feel tough at all!
You know, everyone says, "GEe,LANCE went on a bike ride two weeks
after surgery." Yeah, on his HEAD! You don't sit on your head!

OK, now I've spewed my coffee....

-B

It was about 30k, actually, and it was nearly two months after
surgery. It's not like I ran out of the recovery room and jumped on my
bike. I went back and checked, and the ride is recorded- april 27.

Here's a towel for your screen....

Well that's just incredible. Even two months. Merciful Minerva, W.W.!

Oh and the not like you just ran out and jumped on the bike? We won't tell
them you had to be restrained now will we. eg

-B
Nurse: OK, looks like we're gonna have to strap Marlene down, she's trying
to sneak out and ride the bike again.

LOL...funny, but it really doesn't seem that big of a deal. I think
that people who are in good shape recover faster from things like
that. I was sure I'd get on my bike and just keel over frankly, but I
had started by going to the gym and getting on the exercycles. My
muscles were so stiff from disuse- even a few weeks really makes a
difference. I was surprised I was able to go that far. However,
surgery is different from injuries! Like our friend rick, who sounds
like he must hav resembled a squished squirrel! At least with surgery,
the rest of your body is okay, it's just a matter of healing in one
area (hence the Lance thing. HOwever, I doubt he got back on his bike
two weeks after his nut-ectomy). Injuries are a whole 'nother thing!
Old November 10th 04, 11:12 AM
Maggie

Ben Kaufman wrote in message . ..
you need to see a therapist to deal with this phobia. it's
foolish to carry this pain around with you forever.

Tried it, and it didn't work. I am going to try behavior
modification. Maybe that will work. Supposedly the only way to get
over a phobia is to face it everyday and the fear lessens. Its worth
a shot.

I missed the earlier part of this thread. Are you talking about a bicycle or a
motorized vehicle on the highway?

Ben

It was a car accident. How DO you follow these threads anyway?? I am
still trying to figure it out.
http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/
Old November 10th 04, 02:43 PM
Claire Petersky

"Maggie" wrote in message
om...

It was a car accident. How DO you follow these threads anyway?? I am
still trying to figure it out.

It really helps to have a proper newsreader and a news feed. For a while my
newsfeed was messed up, and I had to use google groups, and it was much more
difficult. If you need help, contact me privately.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old November 10th 04, 11:41 PM
Maggie

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message thlink.net...
"Maggie" wrote in message
om...

It was a car accident. How DO you follow these threads anyway?? I am
still trying to figure it out.

It really helps to have a proper newsreader and a news feed. For a while my
newsfeed was messed up, and I had to use google groups, and it was much more
difficult. If you need help, contact me privately.
Warm Regards,
Claire Petersky

Is this a great person or is this a great person? Always willing to
help out a lost soul. I should meditate. Seems as if it makes a
person mellow and kind.
You go girl. Many Thanks.
http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/