GM Offers Cadillac Brand Of Bicycles

Old July 31st 05, 08:36 AM
Jasper Janssen

Default GM Offers Cadillac Brand Of Bicycles

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:02:28 -0700, JimLane wrote:
Jasper Janssen wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:58:59 -0700, JimLane wrote:
Jasper Janssen wrote:

DA is then clearly the Rolls Royce and Ultegra is the Mercedes Benz. It's
not like Cadillacs are all *that* luxurious after all.
And when was the last time and the year model of the one you rode in?

Never, actually, but I've seen 'em on TV. And I've seen 60s/70s open-top
caddies swanning around town here, but I grant those aren't typical.
Either way, it's *definitely* not a Rolls Royce level of finish on
Cadillacs. Mercedes Benz might be a bad comparison.

Okay, you've confused TV and reality ;- I think you'll find them in the
best shape since their heyday.

Possibly. Although the comparison is rather hard as they don't actually
sell them here, at all. I'd still be willing to bet it doesn't reach Rolls
Royce levels of luxury.

Jasper
Old July 31st 05, 03:33 PM
Andy B.

DA is then clearly the Rolls Royce and Ultegra is the Mercedes Benz. It's
not like Cadillacs are all *that* luxurious after all.

Jasper

Except that Cadillacs break down far less frequently than either Rolls Royce
or Mercedes.

-Andy B.

Old August 2nd 05, 03:17 AM
B.a.

"Bob" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:39:18 +0000 (UTC), Garrison Hilliard
wrote:

http://www.cadillacbicycles.com/index.html

If other recent GM moves are any indication, these are probably just
relabeled Opel or Subaru bikes with a different paint job and trim.

Hey HEY! Don't be hatin' the Saabaru!

Old August 2nd 05, 02:55 PM
SlowRider

Andy B. wrote:
Except that Cadillacs break down far less frequently than either Rolls Royce
or Mercedes.

Just out of curiosity, what are their respective break-down
frequencies? Did you get them from an online database or something? I
was just thinking it'd be great information to have the next time I'm
in the market for a car.

-JR

Old August 2nd 05, 04:01 PM

anonymous writes:

Except that Cadillacs break down far less frequently than either
Rolls Royce or Mercedes.

Just out of curiosity, what are their respective break-down
frequencies? Did you get them from an online database or something?
I was just thinking it'd be great information to have the next time
I'm in the market for a car.

http://tinyurl.com/bu4sp
http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/08/pf/a...o_reliability/

Unfortunately these are listed alphabetically but in other reports,
Mercedes Benz was at the bottom of the list of major manufacturers.
Neither Cadillac nor Rolls appear in this assessment.

Jobst Brandt
Old August 2nd 05, 08:24 PM
Rich

SlowRider wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what are their respective break-down
frequencies? Did you get them from an online database or something? I
was just thinking it'd be great information to have the next time I'm
in the market for a car.

www.edmunds.com

Info by car, which is better then info by brand, as some models are much
better then others.
Old August 3rd 05, 02:48 PM
Andy B.

Old August 3rd 05, 06:51 PM
Tom Reingold

Bob wrote:

Or the CaterOpel ?

GM is amazing: they finally figure out that they can't simply resell
the same car under six different brands with different trim and
exterior packages domestically - then they start the same shtick all
over again and do it to other lines of cars that have a
following/popularity that is specific to their unique qualities and
attributes.

Ooh, you got me started!

GM bought Saab because (it said) it wanted to learn how to make a four
cylinder engine that was smooth, powerful, and durable. Then they fired
all the engineers and designers.

--
Tom Reingold
Noo Joizy