LBS in Singapore

Old July 24th 07, 02:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Priest

Default LBS in Singapore

G'day

Heading off to Singapore again in a week or so for a spot of
recreation (eh work) and whilst I have tracked down the odd outdoor
shop I am not up on the bike shops there. Anyone have any experience
with bike shops in Singapore? Good prices? Or shouldn't I bother?

Regards
Andrew
-----
Churchlands, Western Australia
Giant CRX 1; Giant Boulder SE
http://aushiker.com http://backpackgeartest.org http://geocaching.com.au
Old July 24th 07, 03:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_116_]

Andrew Priest Wrote:
G'day
Heading off to Singapore again in a week or so for a spot of
recreation (eh work) and whilst I have tracked down the odd outdoor
shop I am not up on the bike shops there. Anyone have any experience
with bike shops in Singapore? Good prices? Or shouldn't I bother?

When I went, the prices I think were a bit cheaper but not a huge
amount.

I hired a bike and went for a ride with the Singapore Bike Hash group,
it was awesome fun, I think they ride every fortnight, I hired my bike
from Two Wheel Action, easy to get to via bus from central singapore, I
did their ride plus rode back from Poongol marina... not something I
would do again, unless in a group ride, spent the next 3 hours in the
hotel room avoiding heat stroke.

http://www.twa.com.sg/

Melanie was a good contact there, don't know if she is still there,
best looking LBS person I have ever met

they host the Singapore Bike Hash group site, you can email them and
they will sign you up for updates, if you like drinking beer you will
fit right in

--
MikeyOz

Old July 25th 07, 12:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Priest

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:57:26 +1000, MikeyOz
wrote:

When I went, the prices I think were a bit cheaper but not a huge
amount.

I hired a bike and went for a ride with the Singapore Bike Hash group,
it was awesome fun, I think they ride every fortnight, I hired my bike
from Two Wheel Action, easy to get to via bus from central singapore, I
did their ride plus rode back from Poongol marina... not something I
would do again, unless in a group ride, spent the next 3 hours in the
hotel room avoiding heat stroke.

http://www.twa.com.sg/

Melanie was a good contact there, don't know if she is still there,
best looking LBS person I have ever met

they host the Singapore Bike Hash group site, you can email them and
they will sign you up for updates, if you like drinking beer you will
fit right in

Thanks. Will check it out.

Andrew
-----
Churchlands, Western Australia
Giant CRX 1; Giant Boulder SE
http://aushiker.com http://backpackgeartest.org http://geocaching.com.au

Singapore southern coast exotic funnel-type column yatuo-kui General 1 June 11th 07 05:04 PM
Singapore Theo Bekkers Australia 3 September 30th 05 08:04 AM
RR: Singapore Bike Hash. My experience MikeyOz Australia 6 June 28th 05 11:02 AM
Anybody from Melbourne or Singapore? GizmoDuck Unicycling 7 July 22nd 04 04:34 AM