Where's the justice?

Old February 3rd 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Where's the justice?

Today high of 70, low wind very nice.
Saturday Rainy
Sunday high of 45 and windy

Guess which day I had to work?

Mike
Old February 3rd 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article ,
mike writes:
Today high of 70, low wind very nice.
Saturday Rainy
Sunday high of 45 and windy

Guess which day I had to work?

Mike

http://tinyurl.com/9xrw3
"Soggy January sets two records for rain
Stormy Tuesday is 29th day of precipitation and monthly total hits 283.6 mm"

..... and it's still raining here.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old February 4th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

mike wrote:
Today high of 70, low wind very nice.
Saturday Rainy
Sunday high of 45 and windy

Guess which day I had to work?

Not Saturday!

Old February 6th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Tom Keats wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/9xrw3
"Soggy January sets two records for rain
Stormy Tuesday is 29th day of precipitation and monthly total hits 283.6 mm"

.... and it's still raining here.

It has been a bit soggy hasn't it? I had to go across town to pick up a bike
part from a small shop Thursday [1]. I'm normally fine in the cold and wet,
but I was thinking I should have grown gills that fine day.

I stopped on the way home at a restaurant I hadn't been to before and tried a
couple tofu dishes and consumed copious tea to warm up. Chou Dofu and Mapo
Dofu, good stuff.

[1] 48 hole Gusset Jury 135mm OLD rear hub.

--
Dane Buson -
"Gravity always wins."
Old February 7th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article ,
Dane Buson writes:
Tom Keats wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/9xrw3
"Soggy January sets two records for rain
Stormy Tuesday is 29th day of precipitation and monthly total hits 283.6 mm"

.... and it's still raining here.

It has been a bit soggy hasn't it? I had to go across town to pick up a bike
part from a small shop Thursday [1]. I'm normally fine in the cold and wet,
but I was thinking I should have grown gills that fine day.

I'm still doing battle with a cold I acquired 2 Thursdays ago,
so I haven't been doing much riding lately, regardless of the
weather. The few times I've set out, I found myself quickly &
suddenly running out of "gas" and wanting to just go back home
and crawl back into bed. Today the cold has morphed into mere
bronchitis, with some sinus congestion remaining. At least
I'm past the runny-eyes stage.

Anyhow I guess we're owed a good spring & summer now.

I stopped on the way home at a restaurant I hadn't been to before and tried a
couple tofu dishes and consumed copious tea to warm up. Chou Dofu and Mapo
Dofu, good stuff.

Oooh, sounds delightful. I think I need some spicy congee,
which is reputed to be good for colds. And copious tea.

[1] 48 hole Gusset Jury 135mm OLD rear hub.

One-piece, forged aluminum? With those wide flanges?
I luvs those things! One of these days I've gotta
continue my search for a rear Suzue one to match my
front hub (on the mixte.)

cheers,
Tom

Old February 7th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Dane Buson wrote:
Tom Keats wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/9xrw3
"Soggy January sets two records for rain
Stormy Tuesday is 29th day of precipitation and monthly total hits 283.6 mm"

.... and it's still raining here.

It has been a bit soggy hasn't it? I had to go across town to pick up a bike
part from a small shop Thursday [1]. I'm normally fine in the cold and wet,
but I was thinking I should have grown gills that fine day.

Could be worse, we are getting snow, all week,

Old February 7th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Dane Buson wrote:

Let me try that again, stupid mouse.....

Tom Keats wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/9xrw3
"Soggy January sets two records for rain
Stormy Tuesday is 29th day of precipitation and monthly total hits 283.6 mm"

.... and it's still raining here.

It has been a bit soggy hasn't it? I had to go across town to pick up a bike
part from a small shop Thursday [1]. I'm normally fine in the cold and wet,
but I was thinking I should have grown gills that fine day.

Okay, the groundhog said early spring....

This prediction was followed up by, the slowest moving snow squall in
history, and Environment Canada weather forecasters are saying snow for
the next week. King city, north of here got 27cm (30cm is a foot) and
Beeton got 25cm, looks like were good for 10 so far. This means riding
is out for at least a week. Riding on snow after it's fallen is okay,
riding while it's snowing forgedaboutit, the idiot cagers play bumper
cars at the best of times....

Old February 7th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Dane Buson" wrote in message
Tom Keats wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/9xrw3
"Soggy January sets two records for rain
Stormy Tuesday is 29th day of precipitation and monthly total hits 283.6
mm"

.... and it's still raining here.

It has been a bit soggy hasn't it?

Oh but today, today! Did you see how the mountains were etched against that
blue sky? I just got home from an after-work thing, and rolling across the
bridge, even with all the light pollution, Orion to my right, the sky so
clear...!

They say it's going to be clear and cold (at night, warm during the day) all
week.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
Sponsor me for the Big Climb! See: www.active.com/donate/cpetersky06
See the books I've set free at:

Old February 7th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article ,
The Wogster writes:

Could be worse

It's been raining here almost every day since Dec 19.
So much lack of solar vitamin D takes its toll on one.
And the sheer monotony of day after day after bloody day
of rain, rain, rain kinda wears one down. If I had the
wherewithal I'd go somewhere austral. I think I've had
enough of boreal.

cheers,
Tom

Old February 7th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Tom Keats wrote:
Dane Buson writes:

It has been a bit soggy hasn't it? I had to go across town to pick up a bike
part from a small shop Thursday [1]. I'm normally fine in the cold and wet,
but I was thinking I should have grown gills that fine day.

I'm still doing battle with a cold I acquired 2 Thursdays ago,
so I haven't been doing much riding lately, regardless of the
weather. The few times I've set out, I found myself quickly &
suddenly running out of "gas" and wanting to just go back home
and crawl back into bed. Today the cold has morphed into mere
bronchitis, with some sinus congestion remaining. At least
I'm past the runny-eyes stage.

Ick. The child processes have picked up YANCold (Yeah preschool!), but
thankfully I've managed to remain mainly snotfree this winter.

Anyhow I guess we're owed a good spring & summer now.

Hopefully. The last couple days have been very nice (as Claire mentions
downthread.

I stopped on the way home at a restaurant I hadn't been to before and tried a
couple tofu dishes and consumed copious tea to warm up. Chou Dofu and Mapo
Dofu, good stuff.

Oooh, sounds delightful. I think I need some spicy congee,
which is reputed to be good for colds. And copious tea.

I love Mapo Dofu, it's great winter comfort food. It was rich and soft
and good, full of soft tofu, pork, chiles, a little bit of Szechuan
peppercorn and it was just right. I told them it was the best Mapo Dofu
I'd had in Seattle. Actually it was probably the best I'd ever had.
Mostly I make it myself at home, since most restaurants don't think
'comfort foods' are worth putting on the menu.

I haven't had Chou Dofu too many times (it's not exactly easy to find),
but this was pretty good. It does appear to give off a lot of ketones
and aldehydes hence it's more common name:

http://www.ellenskitchen.com/faqs/stinkytofu.html

[1] 48 hole Gusset Jury 135mm OLD rear hub.

One-piece, forged aluminum? With those wide flanges?
I luvs those things! One of these days I've gotta
continue my search for a rear Suzue one to match my
front hub (on the mixte.)

I'm hoping it's pretty bombproof. The bikeshop fellow was pretty
convinced that it was reasonably indestructible (the solid axle is
kind of a pointer in that direction).

--
Dane Buson -
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that