How to disassemble a Spinner EnRoute AC suspension fork

Old January 1st 13, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone

Default How to disassemble a Spinner EnRoute AC suspension fork

My daughter has a "comfort" bike equipped with this fork. I want to
tear the bike apart in order to paint the frame. Are there any online
guides or just general instructions out there as to how to disassemble
the fork so that I can clean and paint the lower section without messing
up the upper section? Thanks.

PS: Advice on how to put it back together again afterwards would also be
appreciated :-)
Old January 1st 13, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 5:19:38 PM UTC-5, Ralph Barone wrote:
My daughter has a "comfort" bike equipped with this fork. I want to

tear the bike apart in order to paint the frame. Are there any online

guides or just general instructions out there as to how to disassemble

the fork so that I can clean and paint the lower section without messing

up the upper section? Thanks.

PS: Advice on how to put it back together again afterwards would also be

appreciated :-)

Any reason You can't just mask the areas where you don't want paint?

Cheers
Old January 1st 13, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_3_]

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 5:19:38 PM UTC-5, Ralph Barone wrote:
My daughter has a "comfort" bike equipped with this fork. I want to

tear the bike apart in order to paint the frame. Are there any online

guides or just general instructions out there as to how to disassemble

the fork so that I can clean and paint the lower section without messing

up the upper section? Thanks.

PS: Advice on how to put it back together again afterwards would also be

appreciated :-)

Any reason You can't just mask the areas where you don't want paint?

Cheers

It's just a bigger pain in the butt and might interfere with my plans to
wash down the entire frame with detergent and hot water before painting.
Old January 1st 13, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

ask MTB forums
Old January 1st 13, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 6:12:57 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
ask MTB forums

try CLEAR GREEN at Graingers. Or Dawn

detergents require extreme rinsing with hot water(s)

Old January 2nd 13, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone

In article ,
datakoll wrote:

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 6:15:12 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 6:12:57 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:

ask MTB forums

try CLEAR GREEN at Graingers. Or Dawn

detergents require extreme rinsing with hot water(s)

00000

SIMPLE GREEN ?

OK, trying to pull this back to the original question. I don't need a
detergent/soap/cleanser recommendation. My plan is to take this thing
apart (partially because there are parts of the fork that you can't get
paint to while the upper and lower sections are commingled). Does
anybody know how to do this? This is tech, right?
Old January 2nd 13, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

? good question.

if you can't see it, why [aint it ? izzit rusting ?

most of the 2-3 people using RBT, unpainted, ae road bike people so you need to wait for the mechanics to drag in.

off hand, I would believe there are but 4/5 ways to assemble a fork so oif you search for: how to or repair or disassemble or fork design or ? youi'll see something related to the garbage you're abt to destropy.

also see Goo IMAGES

the mtb people should know as if you loisetn closley you'll hear a chorus screaming abt sus forks.

try: http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/

for exampull

the degreaser is in way of converstaion, I'm dealing with a diesel spill.
emulsifying agents traveled along way including various surfactants wetters dewetters drying agents and the stuff is cheap, rsukts better so you should go there after the PITA of taking that crap apart. see SUMMIT RACING for cleaners but simple green gets recommendations.

Old January 2nd 13, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

I began using this search method last week.

https://www.google.com/search?num=10...w=1152&bih=610

if you vary adjectives or descriptors around the Spinner, different images show up.

follow what's meaningful.

each image is from a WEBSITE giving forth further links.

what you need is a MTB book from a library.

consult Herr Zinn
Old January 2nd 13, 01:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

AHHHHH I forgotto ! THE KEY WORD is

SERVICE ! one doesnot take apart one SERVICES

sooo

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&...w=1152&bih=610